T-T-T-Talent

Sophia

I made it to see Sadie's play tonight with my mom and Jake of course.
Jake had asked if Chosen could tag along with us and my mom brought Susan.
I thought it was weird that mom invited Susan, but I just have to keep reminding myself that their friends and nothing else.
Also her daughter is in the play so I'm sure that's why she came.
I'm excited to see my girl on stage, especially as a boy.
Sadie has told me that she would be the first female in Heather Hill high history to preform as a male character.
There have been boys who act as women, but it was dramatized of course.

The lights in the auditorium went out and a stage light came on.
The school band that was to the left of the stage started playing a very happy tune as the curtains open and a girl wearing a red gingham tied shirt and shorts with riding boots got on stage and started singing and dancing with all of the other people on stage who were dressed as farm animals.
It was so funny and cool.

Then Sadie came on stage wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase.
She looks around at all the animals dancing around the girl until a male character came out on stage and introduced himself to her.
"Well howdy there, fella.
I'm Billy Bob Jo.
This is my farm."
"Uh, I must be in the wrong place.
This doesn't look like Chicago at all."
The audience laughs.

"Chicago?
Are you kidding?
This is Boise."
"...wait, like in Idaho?
There must be some kind of misunderstanding, I was just on a plane that was supposed to take me to Chicago for my new job."
Then the cow spoke as he shakes his head side to side.
"Ah, so you were mooving to Chicago?"
All the animals laugh.

Sadie looked at the cow dumbfounded.
"Listen here, partner."
"The name is Tom."
"Alright then, listen here Tommy Bob, I think your plane might have had a little too much whiskey this morning and flew you out West to my farm."
Tom shook his head and started to stammer.
"B-b-but...my new office."
"B-b-but my farm."
The farmer mocks him and I chuckle with the crowd.

-

Sadie

The play was going pretty good, no slip ups our hitches.
Miss Dyer seemed a little tense tonight though.
She wasn't this stressed this afternoon when we did our act.
What's got her so nervous now?
"Sadie, you're out in two minutes.
Lilia, help her into her costume if she needs it."
Our teacher says before rushing to the side of the stage to watch the performance.

The blonde helps me get my fat ass into a pair of tight denim booty shorts.
"Damn, girl.
You've got enough cake to throw a joint birthday party."
Lilia tells me as I shake my hips and she pulls the shorts up.
I flick the side of her head before she buttons up my blazer and fixes my tie.

"Oh Tommy,"
My cast member sings.
"I hope my shorts look well with your tux.
Maybe it'll help you get a promotion at work."
I run towards the stage before walking out slowly and having the crowd laugh at my ridiculous attire.
"Daisy, I just don't think these shorts aren't appropriate for the office."
The pig whistles.
The farmer comes out on stage with a rope tied around the donkeys neck like a leash.
"And I thought I was the one with the biggest ass."
The theater roars with laughter.

The play went on and it was really good.
Everyone comes out to take a bow and I rip my wig off and let my long orange hair fall down my back.
Everyone in the audience gave me a standing ovation and I take another bow.
I saw my girlfriend in the audience holding a bouquet of roses as she claps for me and whistles.
This would be my last and most memorable play that I've ever done.

-

I was behind stage changing out of my costume and into the sundress I wore this morning when Miss Dyer and some man approached me.
"Sadie, this is Douglass Price.
He's a scout and he was in the audience tonight watching your performance."
My teacher tells me.
I'm not sure why a scout wants to see me.
"Like a Boy Scout?"
I ask in confusion.
He chuckled.

Douglass was very tall and thin.
He had a beard and a fancy mustache that looked almost like a villains, but he didn't have as much hair on his head like he did on his face.
And his voice was actually pretty feminine.
"How hilarious.
I'm actually a talent scout and a good friend to Natalia, your lovely drama teacher here."
A t-
A tal-
A talent scout!
I immediately flushed red and began to apologize.
"I'm so sorry, mister Price.
I've just never seen a talent scout before."
"It's quite alright, miss Sink."

"Douglass loved your performance from tonight and the way that you portrayed Tom."
Miss Dyer spoke.
That's good, right?
He loved my act.
"I would love to see more of your acting, so please take my card and give me a call anytime if you'd like to work with me."
And then he gave me his business card with his information and everything.
I can't believe he gave me his card!
Am I gonna be famous?

-

"Whoooo!"
"Sadie, I think you've had a little too much to drink."
My girlfriend said as she took my beer from my hand and placed it on the counter.
The cast party was amazing and everyone who worked on the play was here.
I was just so happy that a talent scout wants to work with me, so I may have had a few celebratory drinks, alcoholic drinks.
I've only had alcohol once before tonight.

When I was eight, my dad let me have a sip of his wine during dinner.
He said that when he was a kid, the rule was that if you could see over the bar then you were allowed to drink.
So I stood at the kitchen counter to prove that I could see over it for a chance to earn my own glass of wine, but all he gave me was a sip and told me that "the rules have changed."
I really miss my dad.

"I'm not drunk, I'm just excited!
You have no idea what it feels like to have someone admire your hard work and your passion.
I just love acting so much and this is an opportunity for me to expand my career and become a star."
I explain, slurring some of my words and hiccuping.
I may have had about three or four beers by now.

Sophia smiles at me as she holds my waist and brushes her nose against mine.
I'm surprised that anyone let her in the party considering that she's not cast or crew.
"I'm so proud of you."
The older girl tells me before kissing my lips.
I pull my head away from her to stare into her fuzzy blue eyes.
"I wanna celebrate with you."
I confess in a low tone so only she can hear me.
The red head raised her eyebrows.
"We're celebrating right now, aren't we?"
She tries to get smart with me.
That's not what I mean.
I shake my head and grab her hands before leading her upstairs to a bathroom away from everyone.