"Don't say that," I'd begged, heart aching as my sister's face came to mind; tears sprang and gushed down my face, and I'd broken down all over again, crying hysterically.

"If you do this, it could cut the time you have left incredibly short," Sebastian said lowly. "You know this, don't you?"

"I do, but its the only shot I have at living so I'm gonna fucking take it," she'd sniffed, pulling the wig back on her head and setting it into place. "I have my little brother to think about, too. We have no parents, its just been him and me all this time. He's only a kid... if I don't make it... but no, I fully intend to live. I'm a fighter by nature. I wanna do this before I get too weak."

"Why do you even want one of us to turn you?"

"Hello?! I saw Aerin's sister die from what I have!" she'd angrily snapped, but when I'd looked at her with shocked, broken eyes she'd flinched and covered her mouth before whispering, "I'm so sorry for saying that so callously and unthinkingly... that was unethical and cruel of me."

"Lou," I'd croaked, deadened. "Please... what do we do?"

"I wanna live. I'm not gonna fucking die, not if I have anything to say about it," she'd told me seriously. "That's why I'm asking you guys to turn me, I don't care who does it so long as it happens. I remember everything Leo and Jak told us in the hospital. Werewolves have regenerative abilities and they don't get the same sicknesses that humans get, right?"

"Correct," Sebastian slowly agreed.

"So, my cancer will die out afterwards and I'll never have to worry about it again, right?" she'd pressed. "If I'm turned, my body will kill it the way it would a common infection, right?"

"Correct," he'd repeated.

"Then I want to try becoming a werewolf," she'd said, brown eyes intense. "I have too much to live for. I'm not letting some fucking nasty ass bit of body mold skulk around inside my head until it finally decides to kill me off. I am too young, too pretty, and too successful for that shit."

"Then I'll be arranging a flight for you eight days from now, on Thursday morning," Sebastian had immediately said, and we'd both stared at him. "Tell your brother that you're coming here with a once in a lifetime opportunity to have your cancer cured and bring him with you."

"Wait, what?" she'd asked, wary. "Why? He doesn't know your kind exist."

"I know, I've been keeping tabs," he'd said grimly, and she'd stared. "That is why this caught me so off guard. I was not aware that you were going to the hospital. I was not informed. However, that doesn't matter anymore. If you are to become a wolf he will have to be acclimated into our lifestyle... even if he chooses to remain a human himself."

"Hold up, it was you behind my stalker?" she'd scoffed, and he'd blinked. "Fuck, you should have just told me you had someone watching me! I've known I was being followed for a long time now and I've gotten good at getting him off me, but I've been panicking thinking I'm being stalked by a vampire thanks to everything going on with Aerin!"

"I apologize for the misunderstanding," Sebastian had muttered. "However, the fact is, turning you will run the very, very high risk of you dying, Louise. We'll likely have to do an open body surgery while you're changing into one of us and break your ribs multiple times, in multiple places, to make room for the changes that'll take place. We may even have to remove bones."

"Whatever, as long as I'm unconscious... feel free to do whatever the hell it takes," she'd said, then looked at me, frozen with horror and tears; her whole face had immediately softened in anguish. "I am so, so sorry for not telling you, but after what happened at the hospital with Kimberly... I just... I couldn't. Not after seeing what it did to her, and then to you. Your hair... I still can't believe it turned white. I'd always thought Marie Antoinette Syndrome was a myth."