Harry Imagine

Staring down at the letter you had recieved that day in the mail from Harry, you could hardly focus on the words let alone what they meant. You thought everything was great between you too. You spoke every night on the phone and he texted you during the day to make sure you were okay and what not, but his letter claimed that he no longer wanted you in his life. Unsure what else to do, you got your phone out and dialled his number. You thumb hovered over the call button for a few moments until you finally pressed it, placing the phone to your ear, it rang. And rang. Until it rang out and rolled to his voicemail. You hung the phone up instead of leaving a message and tried once more. Again it rolled to voicemail after several rings. You hung up and dropped your phone on the ground beside you.

Making your way down the hallway that was lined with photos of the two of you, you turned your head to the ground and entered the bedroom. Looking around you grabbed a small bag and a few of your clothes, enough to get by with. Retrieving your phone, bag in hand, you left, quietly shutting the door behind you.

That was three days ago. At the moment you were boarded up in a small motel room in a dodgier part of town. You had so many missed calls and texts from Harry that you had silenced it and put it under the bed. It was a quiet neighbourhood during the day, but as night rolled round the drunkards came out to play and so did the dealers, pimps and prostitutes. The previous night you had made the mistake of staying out after dark and a few dealers had stopped you asking if you wanted 'some stuff'. Laying in the bed, you heard the phone begin to vibrate againt the floor, though instead of ignoring it, you picked it up and answered the call;

'What?'

'Hi bae! Nice to talk to you too!.'

'Oh, hi Julie. How are you?'

'I'm well, whats up with you?'

'I'm just tired. No big deal.'

'Okay, get soem sleep then. I was just calling to say that i heard Harry was coming home for a few days, we thought we'd come over and say hi.'

'What? Why is he coming home?'

'Weren't you told? Or was it meant to be a surprise? I just naturally assumed you were the first to know.'

'No, i haven't spoken to him in a while.'

'And the reason for that being?'

'I think we broke up. Well, i left but only after i got a letter saying he no longer wanted me in his life.'

'What the actual fuck?'

'Yeah.'

'Where are you staying then?'

'In a motel but i'm okay seriously don't worry.'

'I'm going to call him, i'll call you back, keep your phone one you.'

With that she hung up. you kept your phone in your hand, staring at it until the screen dimmed and eventually locked. The clock on the wall was ticking a you started counting the seconds. After a minute you gave up and got up, checking that you locked and bolted the door. Ten or so minutes later, Julie called you back.