'Harassed' - Zayn Imagine

==It had been four week since your and Zayn’s relationship went public, and since then you had received your fair share of hate from so called ‘Directioners’. You had tried staying out of the public eye as much as possible, but there were the occasional times when you had to go to the shops, and of course, there were One Direction fans there, almost as if on cue, that harassed you.

Of course, Zayn knew about the hate and he always told you to delete it, or just not read it. Over time, when he found out you were still receiving hate, and even the occasional death threat, he got angry. There had been numerous occasions when he had been asked about your relationship and he’d complain about how his fans were making you feel. When he did these interviews, the hate did stop for a few days, but then it would come back, with people saying that you couldn’t handle life in the spotlight, or that you whined to Zayn about all your problems.

One day, Zayn insisted on you letting him take you out to lunch. You hesitantly agreed, knowing all too well that people would talk. On your date with Zayn, nobody approached you and nobody sent you hate. After your meal, the two of you decided to go to the nearby ice-cream parlour. Inside was a small group of girls. When they saw Zayn, they shrieked and yelled and ran over to him, knocking you aside. You just shook it off and walked to the edge of the group to escape the chaos. Zayn looked over at you and smiled an apologetic smile. You smiled back, before turning to sit in a chair. Zayn willingly took several photos with the girls, every now and then throwing glances at you. You knew he was checking on you to make sure you were okay, but one of the fans picked up on it and made their way over to you.

‘Your (Y/N) aren’t you?’ You simply nodded in response.

‘I always told myself that if I ever met you, I would tell you that I’m glad Zayn’s happy, but I don’t like that it’s with you. You obviously aren’t up to living in the limelight, so maybe you should stop lying to yourself and just accept that deep down you know you will never be good enough for him. I hope you understand what I’m saying, because it’s on behalf of the entire One Direction Fandom. ‘ You hadn’t realised, but another girl had strayed from the main group and joined the other one in front of you.

‘She’s right (Y/N). We all hate you because you’re ruining our chances with Zayn. If it weren’t for you, I could be dating him. I am more suited for the lifestyle, because I was raised in a wealthy family. Its clear, that you weren’t. No matter what you tell yourself, or what he tells you, you will always be one step behind, so stop keeping yourself up at night by wondering if this so called ‘relationship’ is working. It’s not. Not for you and certainly not for him.’ By this point, tears were streaming down your face. I thought ice-cream parlours were supposed to be happy places, you thought to yourself. You felt an arm wrap securely around your waist and lift you out of the chair and into a warm embrace. You smelt the familiar Zayn smell you knew and loved.

‘Ladies, please. I don’t know what you think gives you the right to just waltz up to my beautiful girlfriend and harass her. You have no idea what you’re saying because you don’t know (Y/N).’

‘Zayn, honey, listen..’ The first girl began, but Zayn interrupted her.

‘No, you listen. I’m sick of you so called fans of mine hating on my girlfriend. Yeah, I get that you’s are jealous and it’s hard for you to accept that I am no longer available, but really? You think that hurting the person that means the most to me is the way to go about things? It’s sickening and it deeply upsets me that people can say those types of things to a girl they don’t know. You people need to realise that no matter what you say, or do to me, I will never stop loving (Y/N). Maybe pass the message along, yeah?’

With that, Zayn pulled you out of the parlour. The two of you walked down the road, him with his arm around you, not saying anything. You stopped at a bench and sat down. You cuddled into his shoulder and he just held you close.

‘Zayn, I want to thank you. For everything. I truly do love you, more than you’ll ever know.’ He smiled down at you and kissed your forehead before replying with,

‘No thanks necessary (Y/N), really, I just hope I finally got the message across. I know you do, as I love you. Well, if it’s going to take forever to find out how much you really love me, I willing to stick around.’ He winked at you and kissed you deeply.

He slid away from you the tiniest bit, keeping a hold on your hand. As he stared into your eyes he said:

‘(Y/N), I know I haven’t known you for years, but I want to. I want to be the one you turn to when things don’t go right. I want to be your shoulder to cry on, the one you can depend on and trust with anything. I want to look after you, and make sure that you’re always safe. I love you with all my heart, and I know that no matter what happens, I always will. No one could ever change that. What I’m trying to say is, (Y/N), will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?’ You couldn’t speak. It was like you had the breath knocked out of you. You wanted to jump up and scream with joy, but you seemed detached from your body. Your eyes filled with tears of happiness.

‘I love you Zayn. Of course I will.’ He smiled down at you before getting off the chair altogether. He got down on one knee, and still holding your hand, got a black velvet jewellers box from his coat pocket. He opened it and pulled from it the most beautiful, most precious ring you had ever seen. He slid it on your finger and you both took a moment to admire how well it suited you. You pulled Zayn up and he wrapped his arms around you, and you two shared a sweet kiss, one of many to come.

-----------------------------------------

(A/N);

 I don't know how guys propose, so i went out on a limb. 

I need ideas. Be helpful, people. x