Chapter 4

It had been three days since Harry had first crawled into bed after coming back from finding Draco outside that first night. And unfortunately for him, thoughts of that same boy flooded his mind, keeping him wide awake every night.

With an agonizing groan, Harry rolled over and looked at the clock on his side table until the position of the hands became visible in the dark.

The small hand rested close to the three and the big hand was steadily nearing the five. Harry felt like the hands on the clock were mocking him, and so, he decided that since he wasn't going to get any sleep, he should just get up.

With a begrudging sigh, he threw back the covers and slowly sat up. Harry wasn't sure what he was going to do now that he was up and out of bed. But he thought that going for a walk might clear his mind. So he grabbed a black shirt that was sitting on his trunk and pulled it over his head.

Now, in a black tee and and flannel green and black pyjama pants, Harry left his room. The fire was still going quietly in the common room as Harry walked through it, skirting around the chairs and tables, trying not to make any noise.

After a minute of fumbling around in the almost dark room, he came upon the portrait entrance and pushed it open. Cold air greeted him from the dungeon and he shivered in delight.

For minutes on end, Harry walked aimlessly through the hallways, taking turn after turn, seeing portrait after portrait. But not once did his mind stray from the endless stream of images of Draco Malfoy. Feeling disgruntled, Harry shoved his hands in his pockets and hunched his shoulders, trying to think of something else.

Like that fifth year Slytherin girl who was kind of cute. He tried to envision her strait brown hair and the way it fell on her shoulders. The way her thin red lips moved around each spoken word. Or yet, the way she gracefully held herself, petite and fragile.

How she looked like a delicate flower when she walked, her robes swaying in the wind.

But no, this girl wasn't doing it for Harry. He just couldn't get the image of messy blonde, almost white hair out of his mind. The way that it sat ruthlessly on Draco's head, ruffling in the breeze. Or how his silver coloured eyes sparkled in excitement when he became happy.

The image of the girl's thin red lips were replaced by Draco's plump pink ones which were perfectly rounded in all the right spots. Draco always held himself with a certain agility and always walked like he didn't really care what was going on around him. And Harry felt like he should criticize Draco for that.

But in truth, Harry knew that Draco was a whole hearted person and always helped those in need. Whether he liked them or not. And for that reason, Harry sort of envied Draco.

Draco also had small delicate hands, which was another thing that Harry thought about. And maybe, maybe other people thought different of Draco, but that's how Harry thought of him.

Harry gave up on trying to clear his mind and just leaned back against the wall, sliding down it until his butt came into contact with the ground. He was feeling a bit apathetic towards Draco right now, since he was frustrating him so much.

Harry didn't wish for Draco to not exist, but rather that he didn't feel like this towards the blonde haired lad. He didn't know what to call it but he certainly wasn't going to say that it was an attraction. Not at all.

So immersed in his thoughts, Harry didn't hear the quiet sound of footsteps coming his way until there was a pair of socked feet standing in front of him. His name was silently whispered in the dark hallway and Harry stopped breathing for a few seconds before he slowly looked up.

The root of all his thoughts was standing in front of him. And what freaked him was when Draco dropped to his knees and sat on his feet.

"What are you doing out here?" The blonde boy inquired and Harry felt adamant about Draco. He contemplated an answer and wondered if he should just give up and give in to the thoughts in his mind. "Hey, are you alright?"

Harry shot a sharp look at Draco and gave a small malicious chuckle. Of course Draco would ask if he was okay. It was his nature to help people or care for them, even if he hated them.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Harry casted another glance at Draco and saw him looking right at him with a strange look. Harry felt the need to run away from Draco. Because just being in his presence was frightening. It brought foreign feelings and Harry did not like them at all.

"Well first off, you've got tears running down your cheeks;" Draco came closer and swiped a finger gently under Harry's left eye, and then his right eye. Harry's eyes widened and he held his breath. What the hell is going on?

"And second, you've been kind of mopey for three days straight now. Are you sleeping okay?" The answer was no. To both questions. Harry was not alright and he definitely was not sleeping well. At all.

"I'm going back to bed." Harry pulled smiled up for the floor and dusted himself off before heading off in the direction of the dungeons. A hand grabbed his wrist and yanked him back.

"Hey, don't go anywhere yet. You didn't answer my questions." Draco remarked and Harry stopped walking, one foot in front of the other. When Draco had grabbed onto his wrist, it reminded him of the night where he carried Draco inside and Draco was nuzzling his face into Harry's neck and gripping onto his coat with tight fists.

"Let go of me." Harry demanded and yanked his wrist back to his own side. Draco looked questioningly at him and followed Harry as he walked through the hallway and took a left turn.

"I know there is something wrong, Harry. I'm not stupid." Draco snapped and he saw Harry visibly jolt in his step.

Draco had spat his name with such venom that it hurt. And Harry didn't want it to hurt. He just wanted to forget about it. He wanted Draco to just become another face in the crowd, not someone who he takes notice of.

He gave a one shouldered shrug and spoke. "Maybe you are. You don't know me, Draco." Harry kept walking, determined to get back to his room. The walk did not go as he'd planned and it certainly didn't help to clear his mind.

Maybe he should've snuck outside for some fresh air. However, it didn't matter now anyway, and his anger was bubbling away in the pit of his stomach.

"God, you're such a jerk. What is your problem?" The blonde boy fumed and Harry snapped.

He whipped around with such force, that if he had long hair, he would've given himself whiplash. "You." Harry growled. "You are my problem." He sneered, speaking slowly while stalking forward. He reached Draco within five strides and got in his face.

"You are." Harry spoke with such a soft tone that Draco almost didn't hear it. Without a second thought, Harry grabbed Draco's head in both hands and smashed their lips together.

It was a new experience for both of them, and the kiss didn't last long, but it left Draco in a state of shock.

Harry, who was feeling a bit freaked couldn't believe that he had the audacity to do that. And yet, he acted on instinct.

He gathered his thoughts and turned away from Draco, walking quickly. Because now, he was desperate to go back to his dorm room.

"Harry?" Draco called from behind him and Harry felt the overwhelming urge to go back and comfort Draco and the trouble he had caused. But he didn't.

Instead, he uttered a single word. One that crushed every thought, every hope and every dream made up on this night and in this time.

"Don't."

X

Woah! (That autocorrected to woman by itself, but whatever) This took me two days to write. And half the time, I wasn't even sure what to write. And also, hi guys. I hope you enjoyed this chapter because I feel like it's probably shit.

Don't forget to comment and vote. Please please please because it means a lot when I see comments and votes from you guys. It makes me happy when people like what I read. So also, please share this so it gets a lot of reads. I want lots of people to read it!!