Chapter 7- Emotions (Ivy's And Owen's POVs)

Start from the beginning

I have to admit, not seeing Ivy at school yesterday made me worried. I thought that she skipped class or had a doctor's appointment, but by the time lunch came around I began to think she was hurt. I skipped school and went out looking for her. I found her in the woods, crying. Seeing her in that state knocked the breath out of me and squeezed my heart out at the same time. My wolf couldn't help but go up to her and comfort her. I thought she would scream and run away from me because of my size, but my mate is brave!

She liked us. Well, she liked me, my wolf said.  

She likes me too! 

You laughed at her this morning. You hurt her feelings! 

Yeah, but in my defense, I thought that she couldn't get sick! 

Maybe she has a weak immune system. Maybe she gets sick easier than other shifters. 

She won't get sick again on my watch. 

Agreed.

At lunch I was sitting with the guys. Luis kept going on and on about the girl at the 5 Guys© I used to think she was cute, but after shifting for the first time, I found Ivy to be way more sexy. I nodded at said "Yeah, man" in all the right places, but I kept looking over at Ivy. She and that ginger were laughing about something. He was holding on to her like there was no tomorrow. I mentally cursed myself for not telling that I liked her when I had the chance. Now that asshole has her.

She's mine! She is MY MATE!

The prick was stroking her hair and kissing her forehead. I clamped down on my tongue to prevent myself from lashing out at him in wolf form in front of all the humans. Damn, damn, damn.

"Hey Owen! Why you starin' over at that freak and the human? What, you wanna bang that chick?" Henry asked from next to me. I saw red for a second. "She's not a fucking 'freak', Henry," I said as calmly as I could, considering he just insulted my beautiful mate. My wolf was ready to hand him his ass on a platter.

"Rogue, freak, Its the same thing," he said matter-of-factly. I closed my eyes and tried to calm my breathing. I know that my eyes must be darker and my canines were extended because it was harder to contain my wolf. "I mean, she does have a fine ass. Hell, I'd ride her all night long," he contained. I couldn't help the snarl escape from my mouth. "She'd mine!" I wanted to yell, but instead I bit my tongue even harder.

"Gross, man. I don't want to picture that! And besides, don't you have a girl friend?" Chris said. He could sense I was having trouble containing my wolf. Henry laughed. "Yeah, but we could have a threesome."

"Like hell you would!" I said at him. He was surprised at my sudden reaction. "I mean, Chloe and her don't get along, remember?" He nodded.

"That's too bad..."

I decided had enough of this conversation and got up before he could finish his sentence. "Where are you going?" Luis asked. I ignored him and continued on walking.

She's mine! My wolf said again and again.

I saw Blake walking with his lunch, but I didn't acknowledge him until he said, "Dude. Dude! Look at the piece of trash that guy is kissing!" This time I didn't hold back. I shoved his tray into his chest and basically tackled him to the ground, but I was on my feet again in less than a second. When his head bounced on the sidewalk I smiled. He's a werewolf; he'll survive.. I dug my foot into his chest so he wouldn't get up. "DON'T YOU EVER SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT ABOUT HER AGAIN! YOU GOT IT?" I made sure to use my Alpha Tone so he could tell I was serious about it. He nodded like a scared little bitch.