Chapter 16:

I woke up to nicks alarm. 5:30? Gosh this boy gets up to early. I couldn't fall back asleep so I got up and started getting ready for the day. I did my usual morning routine. Wash face, brush teeth, makeup, hair. The usual. I put on my dark skinny jeans along with a nice white shirt and floral infinity scarf, and my tan flats. I curled my hair today. And walked in the kitchen to have some mocha light iced coffee with soy milk and a yogurt. I made nick some toast and an egg along with coffee. When he walked in the kitchen.

"Why don't you look beautiful this morning."

"Thanks babe. I had time to look this good I got up at 5:30" I said sticking my tongue out at him.

"Well I'm sorry I take long showers."

Which he does. Hour long showers.

"Thanks for breakfast by the way baby."

"Anytime my love."

"So what you doing today. Other than grocery shopping?"

"Dropping off all our applications, going to talk to the college, interviews, grocery shopping, scheduling doctors appt."

"Awe you have a busy day ahead."

"I guess, you have work?"

"Yeah baby. I'm trying to work as much as I can we need more money."

"It's fine. Have a great day at school I love you."

"I love you too." He kissed me goodbye and drove of to school.

I cleaned up breakfast mess and called mom. She Immediately picked up.

"Hey mommy"

"Hey sweet girl. What's up?"

"I have a lot to do today. I wanted to know if you could help me."

"Of course. I have the day off and the kids are off at a homeschool thing."

"Awesome please come over whenever your ready"

"On my way now."

I ended the call and grabbed the grocery list, applications, purse, wallet, phone. Then I heard the doorbell. Mom came Inside.

"Maggie this place is looking pretty nice so far. How are you holding up?"

"We can talk about that later right now we have a lot to do."

"Let's go."

We first hit up the doctors office. We scheduled on a Saturday morning before nick went to work. Then we went to the job places. Mine were

Johnny's garden, hamptons restaurant, a counselor at a teen pregnancy place. Nicks were, zaxbys, maries food and spirits. I dropped off nicks applications. I dropped off mine but they Instantly wanted and interview so I ended up getting a job at the hamptons, and Johnny's garden. The counsling gig said I would be under too much stress that It would be best for me not to do it. So I set up my schedule. Johnny's garden from 7-11 then hamptons from 11:15-3:15. Then I coach from 3:45-5 or till 6 depending on the night. Once that was all said and done. I went up to the college and explained my situation. They were at an awe. The lady was in tears by the end of my story. She hugged me. She said she's never seen so much dedication. She set me up to take my CLEP tests to see how much I actually pass. Then go from there. She set up nicks testing date too. We have our tests Saturday morning before work. Then the rest that night. I left and mom and I went to the grocery store. We bought pots and pans, cooking utensils, fruits, veggies, all kinda of food. We checked out and we came home. She helped me put everything away. We sat on the couch.

"So how you doing with all this?"

"I'm ok" that's when the crying started. I hugged my mom close. I started apologizing for everything. I missed my mom. I need her. He started crying as well. Once we finally settled she had to leave. She gave me one last hug and a kiss

"I love you sweetie. Call if you need anything." With that she left.

I went to go start dinner for nick and I and I saw an envelope on the counter. It contained a couple hundred dollars. Maybe 4,000 a note attached said

"To help with furniture mainly for the baby. I love you be strong."

I smiled god I love my mom. I made some grilled chicken salad. When nick walked in the door.

"Hey beautiful." He said with a smile.

"How was your day?"

"Good. I got a raise!"

"You what??"

"Yeah baby. Two hundred a week!"

"Baby that's amazing!"

"Mhm! So do you have a job? Do we know yet?" He sounded excited

"Help me set the table and we will talk."

Once we set the coffee table I told him

"I work at Johnny's garden 7-11, Mondays-Fridays. Then hamptons 11:15-3:15 Monday-Saturday. Then the YMCA 3:30-5 Tuesday and Thursday then 3:30-6 Monday and Wednesday."

"Geez babe. That's too much."

"No I will be fine. The closer the baby gets the less I might have to work. Might as well do it now."

"How much do you make a week?"

"Umm $492.0"

"Babe are you serious?"

"Yeah"

" that's like 2,000 a month."

"Wow I didn't think like that."

"Well babe your gonna be working almost 12 hour days? Can you handle that?"

"I guess. I will do my school at nights."

"Ok well babe I can't wait to be done with school. Like 2 more months then I will be out and able to work."

"We can do this babe"

We then went to our room and did school work. Nick is trying to graduate early. So he's been doing like a weeks worth in a night like me. Once we finish it's like 11:15. I go ahead and take a shower while nick finishes up a report. I am so glad to be in the shower. I feel as if my stress just disappears. I am glad tomorrow's Friday. I got out and put on leggings and a long sleeve teeshirt. Nick just finished brushing his teeth. We climb into bed exhausted. And in no time were asleep.