Chapter 27

Chapter 27

November 12th

"Come on, Midnight," Isabella groaned.

Isabella had been working with Midnight all morning and he just wasn't listening to her. Although he was a reasonably trained horse, he still like to make sure that his rider knew that he was the boss.

Isabella was seated on Midnight's back, trying to work with him on his gaits. When she asked him to walk, he would go extremely slowly, and he wouldn't go faster than a slow walk. Isabella admitted that he must have been missing Hannah, but she wasn't going to let him off that easily.

Isabella decided that enough was enough, so she decided that she would take Midnight out on the trail. Maybe the open grounds and the fresh air would be good for him. So, with that, Isabella dismounted Midnight to open the gate that would leave her to the trail.

"Wait, Bella," said a voice.

Isabella turned her head to see that Mr Doyle was coming over.

"Why are you going out on the trail alone with that horse?" he asked.

"Its okay, we will be fine. He is a good horse," replied Isabella.

"Now, Elizabeth and I were not too thrilled about the idea of having another horse, but I do know that there is a good horse somewhere in him. But I don't think it is safe enough for you to go on the trail alone with him."

"Its okay, he is not dangerous, just stubborn," said Isabella, "and we will stay at a walk the whole time."

Mr Doyle dipped his head, "where will you be going?"

"Just on that trail," Isabella pointed her destination out. It was the safest trail she could think of.

"Okay, I will give you two hours. If you are not back in two hours, I will be coming looking for you. Understood?"

"I do, and we will be fine."

Isabella knew she would be fine so then she and Midnight headed out, at a walk as promised. Isabella had been out on this trail a couple of times but she never made it to the end. She would always turn back when she reached the middle point. Today, Isabella was going to go the whole way to the end and, to her pleasure, Midnight seemed to be calmer, not bored. The spring in his step had returned to his gait and his ears were pricked forward as he nickered with pleasure.

After a little while, Isabella came to the end of the trail and, to her surprise, she saw the back of her ranch. She couldn't believe it and she had found a new way to the ranch. Isabella walked Midnight to the back of the ranch and she opened the gate. The gate opened at the back of the barn and beyond that were some paddocks.

Isabella dismounted Midnight and walked on the main grounds of the ranch. She reached the side of the barn and she looked to the left.

That was the office.

Isabella then walked further and she came to the top of the driveway and then there were some car parks. Beyond the car parks was the riding ring (the outdoor one). Isabella assumed that there would be an indoor one somewhere. Midnight seemed to like the surroundings and maybe when he was better, he could live here.

The best part of the ranch was behind her.

The house.

Her house.

Ryan's house.

Isabella was going to be living in that house with Ryan.

So now it was time to give it an explore.