Chapter 25

Chapter 25

October 23rd

The four friends were so glad that their second semester of university was over. But the only bad part was the fact that they all had exams that they had to study for now.

But, beyond the exams, there was something that they were all looking forward to; Isabella's graduation.

Isabella's graduation was now in a few weeks and she had asked if her friends wanted to come. They eagerly accepted and now it was time to go dress shopping. It was always good to get a new dress and Tasha was glad that she had some money.

She did, though, have one condition if she was going to get a dress; she had to get a job.

Now there were two things that Tasha had to do today; she had to get a dress and she had to leave her resume with different places where she could possibly work. Tasha really didn't feel like getting a job, but she thought that it was time to get one because she wasn't a child anymore. Tasha had also made a list of places where she would like to work and it included all of the clothes shops. Tasha couldn't see herself working as a check out chick or working somewhere else that wasn't a clothes shop. At least there were a lot of clothes shops that she could choose from in the shopping centre.

Tasha walked into the shopping centre and she waited for Nicole, Isabella and Adam. Even though Adam didn't like shopping, he was always excited to spend some time with his friends because they hadn't seen each other for a while. It was nice to be able to spend some time with each other.

It wasn't long before the four friends were at the shopping centre and they were all looking for dresses. Even Adam was helping Tasha look for one and he had picked out a couple of nice ones, but none that Tasha could see herself wearing. She didn't want to outdo Isabella.

But it wasn't long before Tasha chose a nice dress and after looking at what Isabella had her eyes on, she certainly wouldn't be looking better than Isabella on her day. Tasha had chosen a navy strapless dress that had a cream belt with a flower on it. She also chose some cream coloured high heels and Tasha couldn't wait to try it on.

She tried it on and she loved it so Tasha decided that this was the dress she wanted.

Now all she had to do was wait for Isabella and Nicole.

...

Nicole was also happy that she had found a dress that she seemed to like. She had a look at it when she pulled it off the rack. She had chosen a cream dress that had a black strapless dressy ribbon going around the waist. It was a nice dress, Nicole thought, and it wasn't long before she decided to buy it.

...

Now it was time for Isabella to make a final decision on her dress. Mrs Doyle had given her some ideas on what to get and Isabella was sure that she had found a dress that ticked off all of the boxes. She had chosen a simple white dress. A belt was in the middle and it had a rose on it. Then Isabella chose some nice shoes to go with it.

...

Then all the girls went to pay for their choices and Tasha also left her resume. She hoped that she would be able to get a job because this was her favourite dress shop. Maybe if she worked here, she would have been able to trade in some of her pay for a dress. That would have been exciting.

Then the four friends left the shop and she walked around for a while. It was too early to sit down for lunch so it was time to do some window shopping.

"Are you excited for your graduation, Isabella?" asked Tasha.

"Yeah, I am," replied Isabella.

"You are?" asked Adam, "but doesn't it feel strange? Out of all of us, you will be the only one who will have nothing to do because we will all be busy."