Chapter 6

Chapter 6

February 25th

Matilda had just had a horrible day at university and she didn't think that it would get any worse. Her classes were too hard and she didn't enjoy any of them. She thought that she would, but she didn't, and no one bothered to sit next to her in her lectures or tutorials.

The reason that Matilda deferred her studies was because she didn't think that she would be able to handle the workload of university. She found that she now couldn't, and it was even harder than she first thought.

University was not her thing and she didn't know how she was going to handle the rest of the year.

As Matilda was walking home, she heard footsteps behind her. She then felt too arms wrap around her and then she felt a huge kiss on her cheek and then her neck. Matilda smiled when she realised that it was her boyfriend. She was glad to finally see them. She hadn't seem him since the morning and Matilda was eager to spend some time with her boyfriend.

"How was your day, baby?" asked Ash as he took Matilda's hand before they headed in the direction of her house.

"Ugh," Matilda groaned, "don't ask."

"That bad?"

Matilda nodded.

She knew that university wasn't her thing.

"Well, I think I have something that will help with that," said Ash.

Matilda looked at her boyfriend, her eyes sparkling with anticipation.

Ash smiled, "come back to my place and you will find out."

Matilda then allowed herself to be led back to Ash's house, keen to find out what Ash had planned.

...

While Matilda and Ash were blissfully happy as they were making their way back to Ash's house, Emma wasn't sure how she felt. She wanted to go and visit Tasha; she had even come to Sandy Beach to visit her.

But she had lost her nerve.

Now she was wandering around in town, not knowing what she was going to do next.

Emma didn't like lying and she especially didn't like lying to herself. She loved Mr Wilson and she would never stop loving him. A part of Emma was mad at Tasha for making her go and tell Mr Wilson that she had a crush on him. She loved him and telling Mr Wilson that she didn't love him made her feel worse.

It wasn't fair.

Emma wanted to be Mr Wilson's girlfriend.

She wanted him to love her.

And Emma wasn't going to let Tasha tell her otherwise.

As Emma was walking, she noticed that she was moping. It was embarrassing, but Emma didn't know what else to do. She was miserable and, in her opinion, she had every right to mope around, not knowing what to do with herself. It wasn't long before she found a seat and she decided that it was now time to wait for the bus to take her home. She had nothing better to do and sitting down doing nothing was her only option.

Emma was disturbed from her thoughts when she heard some people approaching. Emma looked at the two people briefly and then she returned her attention to sulking.

"Hey," said the girl, "what's up with you?"

"Nothing," replied Emma, not bothering to look at this girl who was talking to her that she barely even knew. It was strange having someone come up to her, but maybe Emma should have welcomed the company. She didn't know what she was going to do.