Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Nicole was glad that all of her friends had agreed to spend some time with her this weekend. Nicole was also glad that she didn’t feel like she had to be mad at Tasha anymore. Her talk with Riley really helped that other night.

Nicole was in her room getting ready for the day. She couldn’t wait to meet her friends so she was getting dressed faster than ever. She was also excited about the fact that Riley had promised to come on a ride with her during the afternoon and she knew that they would have fun.

When Nicole was ready, she walked down the stairs and headed for the front door. She was stopped from opening it when she felt two hands on her hips and she then felt somebody turn her around to face him. Then Riley planted a big kiss on Nicole’s lips.

“I’ll be waiting for you,” said Riley.

“Excited to go riding, are we?” Nicole teased.

“Maybe just a little. Maybe horse riding is a little bit fun.”

“Really?”

“Only when I am doing it will you so I will be waiting.”

“Okay. I’ll see you soon.”

Then Nicole headed to her car and made her way to the café where she would be meeting her friends. She and her friends would normally meet at this café to catch up so Nicole considered it a regular meeting place.

When Nicole made it to the café, she chose a table, sat down and waited for her friends. Nicole was even happier that she was meeting her friends. It felt like years since they had spent some time together and it would be good to see one another.

“Hey, Nicole,” said Adam after he joined her at the table.

“Hi. How are you?” replied Nicole, returning Adam’s smile.

“I am okay. How are you?”

“Good. I heard about Amy.”

“Yeah,” said Adam, “you have to feel sorry for her. Who wants to feel like that after having a baby? I thought it was supposed to be one of the happiest moments of her life.”

“Yeah. I feel very sorry for her.”

“So anyway, what’s been happening with you?” asked Adam.

“Not much but Riley has actually moved in.”

Adam’s eyes widened. Partly in disbelief and partly in shock, “that’s a big step.”

“It is but we have been going out for a bit over a year and a half now so we both felt we were ready.”

“At least you both felt ready,” replied Adam, remembering the time when he told Tasha that he wasn’t ready to move in with her.

Nicole smile and nodded.

“I have been going out with Tasha for nearly 6 years now and we haven’t moved in with one another yet.”

“Have you talked about it?”

“We have but I am not ready for that.”

“Why?”

“I think it is a bit stupid now.”

“Why’s it stupid?”

“Because I have been saying that it is not practical to move in together but now you and Riley have done it. It is making me rethink my reasons for not moving in with Tasha.”