Chapter 24

Chapter 24

October 7th

Tasha was glad that she, along with Adam and his friends, finished classes quite early today. She was going to take the guys up on their offer to come and see Cody. Tasha was glad that Cody would be staying over because his mother was going out with her boyfriend and his parents.

When Tasha was finished her classes for the day, she waited out the front of her campus for the guys. This would also be a good chance for Amy to meet her friends. Tasha hoped that Amy would like her friends because they were such good friends to her.

When Adam and his friends arrived, they walked to the train station and they waited for the train to come. Tasha was still excited for her friends to meet Cody because she knew that they would like him. Even Tasha liked him because he was one of the cutest little boys she had ever seen.

It wasn't long before the train arrived at Sandy Beach and Adam headed for his car. Tasha walked back to her place with Ethan, Zac and Nathan. Tasha was wishing that Adam was able to take more passengers in his car, but it wasn't like walking to her house from the train station was hard. She would have walk just this once.

...

When Tasha and her friends made it to Tasha's house, Tasha smiled when Adam got out of his car to meet them. She assumed that he would have gone inside, but clearly he wasn't. Maybe he was scared or he knew he would feel awkward. Tasha wished that Amy and Adam would get along like they used to. They used to get along quite well and Tasha hated it how they no longer got on so well.

When Tasha and her friends got inside, they all smiled when they saw Cody playing in the lounge room with his toys.

Tasha looked around.

Cody was here.

Mr Wilson wasn't here.

Nobody else was here and Tasha wondered where they were.

She hoped that Amy wasn't trying to avoid her husband and his son. There wasn't even a crying baby and it wasn't that this was odd; Tasha was just used to seeing her sister on the couch looking after and playing with Catania.

"Where is everyone?" asked Tasha as she looked at Mr Wilson who had just made his presence known.

"They have gone shopping," replied Mr Wilson.

Now Ethan, Zac and Nathan would have to wait a little longer before they could meet Amy, but Tasha was sure they wouldn't have minded.

"Are these your friends?" Mr Wilson asked.

"They are," replied Tasha, "and I wanted them to come and meet Cody."

"That's fine. But, Tasha, can I have a word?" said Mr Wilson, motion his head for Tasha to follow him outside.

Tasha nodded and then she told her friends that they could say hello to Cody. She told Adam to go first because Cody knew him and he would trust him most out of the guys.

Tasha then saw Mr Wilson looking down at his legs. She looked down to see that Cody was grasping at his father's pants.

"I won't be long, buddy," he said, "go and play with Tasha's friends," he said.

Tasha couldn't help noticing the tone in Mr Wilson's voice.

What was the problem with playing with her friends?

They weren't going to hurt Cody and Tasha knew that everyone would look after him.

Then, Tasha and Mr Wilson went outside, Tasha still wondering what this was about.