Chapter 7

Chapter 7

February 26th

Matilda thought that she had a great time last night. It was good to let her hair down and forget about the worst day ever in the history of first days. Matilda then looked over her shoulder and saw her boyfriend and beyond him was Emma.

The girls and Ash had spent the night on the beach and despite their hangovers, the girls thought that the sunrise was beautiful.

And then they fell back to sleep.

Until lunch.

Matilda sat up and rubbed the back of her head before she looked at Emma, "how are you?" she asked.

Emma smiled, "last night was good. It helped me forget about everything."

Matilda didn't know what Emma's problems were, but she was glad that she and Ash could help out.

Emma smiled because she stretched and stood up, "I should get going. I can't believe I stayed out all night."

"That's what happens when you spend the night with good friends and alcohol," Ash joked.

"Good friends?"

Emma didn't know these guys thought of her as a good friend.

"Well, I think we could be good friends," said Ash before he gave Matilda a kiss on the cheek, "wouldn't you agree, babe?"

"I would. I like you, Emma, and I think we can be good friends," Matilda agreed.

Emma smiled. This was nice, but it didn't make it any less awkward. But maybe she could have been good friends with Matilda and Ash because it seemed that they wanted to help her. Emma wasn't going to turn down some help.

"Well," she said, "I would like to be friends with you as well."

"Great."

"I should probably get home."

"Okay. We will hang out some more, yeah?" said Ash.

"Yeah," Emma nodded, "we will."

Now Emma was glad to have some friends.

...

As Emma was walking to the bus stop, she was hoping that she wouldn't run into anybody else she knew; especially not Tasha. Emma made herself comfortable on a seat and waited for the bus. She ran her hand across her sore forehead. She had never been drunk before in her life and it was a new experience. A hang over was also a new experience as well.

Emma never thought that she would ever know what a hangover felt like and now she was well and truly feeling it. Emma, however, though that she had an extremely good excuse to let last night go and she was finally able to be happy for a change.

"Emma?" said a voice.

Emma looked up. She thought she recognized that voice and she wasn't surprised when she saw Adam.

"What are you doing here?" asked Adam.

"I was just visiting a couple of friends," replied Emma, not meeting Adam's gaze. She had a feeling that he would be able to work out that she had a hangover.

"Friends? Who are your other friends here?"

"I am sorry, Adam, but I don't think that is any of your business who my friends are."

"Are you alright? I don't look well."

"I'm fine."

That was a lie.