Chapter 17

Chapter 17

April 6th

On the weekend, Tasha and Isabella decided that they would talk to Annabelle again. Tasha really wanted Annabelle to come and visit Mr Wilson because he needed something good in his life right now. He was still depressed about the kiss and he was moping around the house. Tasha had a strange feeling that seeing his son would make him feel better.

"Do you really think seeing Cody will make Ian feel better?" asked Isabella as she and Tasha were walking to the café.

"I think it will," replied Tasha.

"But didn't he tell you and me that he doesn't seem too interested in seeing his son again?"

"He will once he sees Cody's face."

"Okay, then. Let's do it."

It wasn't long before Isabella and Tasha made it to the café and they began looking for Annabelle. When Annabelle saw the girls, she gave them a wave and then she came over to the table that the girls had chosen to sit at.

"What can I get you guys?" asked Annabelle as she pulled out her notepad from her apron pocket.

"Um, we will have two hot chocolates and a talk," replied Tasha.

"A talk?"

The girls nodded.

"Oh, right. You want to have a talk with me. I'll bring your drinks and then we can talk."

Tasha was glad that Annabelle had agreed to talk. It was one step close to getting her to come and see Mr Wilson with Cody.

And it wasn't long before Annabelle brought the order over and she sat down for a talk.

"Do you think you will ever be okay to see Ian again?" asked Tasha, getting straight to the point.

"I was actually just thinking about it this morning. I think I am ready to see him again and I want Cody to have his father back in his life."

"Really?"

"Yes. I will be finished my shift early this afternoon. Do you think Cody and I can come back to Sandy Beach with you? I can drive us," said Annabelle.

Tasha was so happy to be hearing this right now, "that's fine," she said, "we will be waiting."

...

That afternoon, Tasha and Isabella went back to the café just before Annabelle was due to finish and they waited for her and Cody to come.

Tasha was excited for this.

She couldn't wait for Mr Wilson to see his son again and she knew that this would make him feel a lot better.

Maybe having his son back in his life would do him the world of good.

Before long, Annabelle and Cody emerged from the kitchen and Annabelle told the girls that she was ready to go.

"Are you excited?" asked Tasha as Annabelle made her way onto the road.

"I am, and a little nervous," replied Annabelle.

"You'll be fine."

"I think Cody is excited, though," Annabelle said.

Tasha smiled, "I think he is as well."

"And so is his plane," Isabella added.

"That plane will have to be surgically removed from his hand soon," Annabelle joked, "lately he won't go anywhere without it."