This is Me - 16.2

Start from the beginning

"I had a family once. I mean, I am sure that I had a family of shifters once, but I never knew them. I was raised by witches, and I had a happy childhood in the countryside. Things changed once the world changed."

I gulped, skipping over the abuse and the fire. My families death. There are memories that I still don't want to relive.

"I ended up with Jace, and I was so scared. Quickly, things changed, I relied on him and I wasn't so scared of him anymore, but I believed that he still thought of me as his pet, of his property, and I thought that of myself. After escaping the castle, he made it clear to me that he does not think of me and it was the first time I really allowed myself to believe that something could change. I am here because I am ready to fight alongside all of you. I am ready to help others understand that they are not property, or worthless. We are equals. I can't be silent."

I stopped. My heart beating too fast. I looked up at Jace, who was smiling and looking at me with such fire in his eyes, I believed it could be just the two of us in the room.

Elizabeth thanked us and we all sat down. I could feel the tension in the room die down a bit as each person spoke, telling their side of the story. The human sitting next to Jace looked less stiff and the rough looking werewolf looked less rough.

The wood fairy sitting close to Elizabeth told a story of falling in love with a werewolf who was killed in the war. All they wanted was to start a family together. She blamed the vampires for a long time, and although her kind was allowed to live in relative freedom, she never allowed herself to be okay with it. She explained that now it's less about revenge and more about change. She smiled at Jace and my hand, still wrapped around each other.

She caught my eye, "Everyone should be allowed to love who they love. It's as simple as that." I blushed.

There was a dark angel who had lost half her right wing when she was young and always felt a little different. She never felt it right to judge someone based on what they looked like.

Stanley, the angry wolf from before, had lost his son in the war. Then his wife to sickness from injuries that the vampires refused to treat. He was angry and I understood why.

There was a young boy, no more than eleven, who had escaped from a blood bank years before. He was sitting in between two witches. They were smugglers. They smuggled human babies and raised them as their own, or gave them to other witches to raise. They taught them how to fight and to defend themselves, and they protected and loved them because no child should be forced to grow up as a blood bag.

After the meeting was over, everyone felt they knew each other a little better. I saw many people mingling.

The wood fairy, her name was Jennifer, came over and apologized to Jace. She smiled at me, sadly, and took my hand, "you know, my wolf looked a little like you."

"She must have been very beautiful then." Said Jace. I blushed.

Jennifer released my hand and nodded. "Beautiful and kind. She was going to be a great mum someday."

I hugged her. I felt that's what she needed.

"I'm sure your family would have been beautiful."

She held me tighter. "I lost my chance at a family, now I will fight to make sure others can have that chance." She released me and walked away.

So many of these stories are so sad. My story is sad.

"Okay, I think that is enough for today," said Frankin, who was standing by the door. Everyone is welcome to stay for dinner and the night. We have more than enough room. We will start the real meeting after breakfast, and I have a feeling that it will be very productive."

People murmured their agreeance and started to shuffle out of the room.

I looked at Rose "do you think we can still watch the movie today?"

Flynn responded, "I don't see why not."

"Let's get our dinner and watch it in front of the TV," said Jace, smiling down at me and placing his hand in the small of my back.

"I love that idea."

Jace walked over and tole Elizabeth our plan and she smiled and laughed, nodding at us to do our thing. "You don't have to ask you know. Go be young." 

----

They should get their chance to be young - in the next chapter, you'll see that. Maybe a bit about what Jace was talking about. :) 

There are also things that are hidden about Annabelle and her past? Will those be brought up? 

What about the inevitable battle??

I added a little nod to Princess Jasmine as I LOVED the new live-action Aladdin. 

Can you find it???

Did you like the movie??

Please comment, like and follow <3

Love you all. 

Kayla