Chapter 19: You Forgot Me?

I got home, completely drained and exhausted. I hated days like this. Everything went by so fast but still annoying slow, which should be impossible. My brain was in scrambles, and I wasn't even sure what I was supposed to be doing in any of my classes. None of that mattered to me though.

   I made my way to the kitchen and swung the fridge open, looking for anything I could find. I pulled away with a jug of apple juice in one hand and a fruit cup in the other. I went up to my room and relaxed in my bed, eating my snack and chugging my apple juice, as one does, until it hit me.

   The date! I have to get ready for the date!!

   I hopped out of my bed and quickly made my way over to my closet. I still had enough time to not look a complete mess, but I was still stressed about not being ready in time. I threw on simple and natural looking makeup before rummaging through my dresses and finding matching shoes.

 I threw on simple and natural looking makeup before rummaging through my dresses and finding matching shoes

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

   After getting dressed, I grabbed my phone and snapped a picture, sending it to the girls.

   Cam and Sel told me that I looked amazing and whoever I was going with was so lucky. They were only slightly aware of what was going on. I had filled them in on the mystery texts during lunch before I got lost in my thoughts again.

Stranger Danger: Ready? I'll be outside in 10

   I added finishing touches to my outfit, including small bits of jewelry before spraying on some Cloud perfume and grabbing a small purse to hold my things.

   I made my way down stairs and gave myself a final look over. I added lipgloss and decided that I was very happy with my outfit.

   Knock knock knock

   Omg they are here already!!

   I made my way to the door before taking a final deep breath and opening it to see Justin.

   Justin? Duh!!! Of course it was Justin! I mentally face palmed myself.

   My face must have been covered in confusion because "You forgot me?" was the first thing he said.

   "I didn't forget you.. I just didn't exactly remember you."

   He let out loud laugh, earning a disapproving face from me.

   "It was an honest mistake! I'm like Dory, short term memory loss and all, just not diagnosed."

   He laughed more, and I rolled my eyes.

   He finally caught his breath and looked at me fully. "You look," he paused. "Absolutely stunning, for lack of better words." I immediately blushed and looked down.

    Justin was everything somebody would look for in a guy: hot, funny, well mannered, good listener, gentle, oh and did I mention hot? Because he's hot. I was already so much more anxious about this date than I was before because I didn't want to mess it up.

   We made our way to the restaurant in his car. He has exquisite taste, based solely on the music that was quietly playing in the background as we made small talk.

   By the time we arrived, my nerves had calmed for the most part. At this point I was hardly anxious and being around him was just like being around my other friends.

   Dinner was fun but mostly uneventful. We talked about random things like favorite colors, favorite numbers, and impacting childhood memories.

   His favorite color was purple. His favorite number was 6. The moment of his childhood that impacted him most was when he was really young and one of his cousins locked him in a trunk and refused to let him out; he was now claustrophobic.

   First dates were always awful because they ended up awkward and boring, but with Justin it was just unlike anything I'd ever experienced before. We were just two people, out, having a good time as more than friends.

We finished our dinners and got a brownie ice cream dessert to go.

"I've got a little extra something planned, so maybe you won't forget me this time," he said, letting out a small chuckle.

"I'm never living that down am I?"

"Nope. Not in a million years."

   We both laughed as we made our way back to his car.

   "I'm trusting you to hold this and not eat it," he joked as he handed me the dessert.

   "I'll do my best," I shot back.

   The ride was silent as he focused on the road, and I focused on looking out my window, trying not to think about how good the food in my lap smelt.

   We pulled up to a dark empty parking lot, and he turned off the car.

   "If you're going to murder me then dinner was a waste of money," I told him.

   He laughed and patted my arm that was rested on the center console. "I wasn't planning to, but I'll make a note on that for if I ever get tired of you."

   I smiled and turned to face him. "So," I dragged on. "What's the plan?"

   "Follow me. Oh- and bring the food!" He sounded like a little kid excited for dessert, and it was so adorable. I chuckled and got out of the car, making my way towards him.

   He took the food from me to hold it and used his free hand to grab mine. We walked down an empty sidewalk and made our way to a beautiful area with a dimly-lit, single bench in front of pond that held sleeping ducks.

   "It's beautiful," I let out quietly.

   "And yet, it's nothing compared to you tonight," He eased back without any effort.

   "You're too perfect, there has to be at least something weird about you," I joked. "I bet you're missing your pinky toe on your left foot or something."

  He laughed and playfully shoved me. "I'm mister perfect, or, so I've been told. Just wait until we-" he cut himself off.

   "Until we?" I questioned.

   "Just wait," He said smiling before opening the dessert and passing me a spoon.