1.2

Hoseok's hand held his in a firm yet gentle hold as the younger walked a few steps ahead of Yoongi, guiding him to the secret place.

The bitterly cold wind howls in Yoongi's ears, his eyes tearing up slightly as he feels his nose getting numbed. He struggles to breathe slightly, the sudden rush of air fills his lungs which had previously been consumed by the stale air from being locked up in his studio. The sudden drop in temperature had caused his exposed skin to turn a blush red, clearly visible on his pale skin. Similar to those formed from the scars on his thighs, except these didn't hurt- not in the way he craved.

Yoongi had begun to pant slightly, struggling to intake all the fresh air which blew in his face as his misty eyes glanced around the isolated street Hoseok was pulling him through. They had moved more inwards in the city, the commercial lights from buildings and billboards had dimmed down, being replaced by the neon street lights and other small lights outside closed shops.

Yoongi had never been to that part of the city before; since he had moved from Daegu, he had been too caught up in practice and writing songs and work in general that he had forgotten to live- his state of being merely being that of a plain existence. Perhaps that would be his biggest regret, when he'd finally die, that his memories were simple of a glaring screen, harsh words and gone-by moments- that he'd only remember a reflection of what his life could have been if, only for a moment, he could silence his thoughts and actually live without having to constantly try and look into the future.

Yoongi barely registered the change of pale yellow lights to neon bright lights, nor did he notice the slight thumping sound of the bass and unintelligible noises which he would later realize was party music. Hoseok's grip on his hand remained stable, leading his wondering mind and body through the labyrinth of the city Yoongi barely knew.

It wasn't until the usual well atmosphere was replaced by the dark and damp setting of the seemingly abandoned building that Yoongi noticed where Hoseok was leading him to.
His steps staggered slightly, reluctant as his eyes raced around the empty building. It was old, with remains what he supposed was a lobby or a seating area of some sort. Certainly, it was seen better days, the once white walls (at least Yoongi thought they were white) were a sickly grey with green undertones. There was some sort of fungus growing on the edges of the walls and the large wooden table in the center of the room had odd red stains on it. A marble top counter lined the left wall- small chips breaking off. The room had a few dying plants littered around the room, dead leaves decorating the floor. It was clear the building had been vacant for a while now. A small white light seemed to be the only thing which was maintained, managing to provide sufficient light to see everything whilst being small and right at the center of the ceiling. The air was stale and dust (a bit like his studio) but at least there weren't any bugs (hopefully).

"Seok-ah... what is this place?"
Yoongi turned to look at Hoseok who was already making his way to another door across the room, Yoongi followed his suit.

Surprisingly, the door opened to those elevators which required the doors to be closed manually. It had been a while since Yoongi had seen those, the modern city of Seoul updated itself every day, technology and ideas being dropped every day as new innovations and trends overtook them- only to be eventually replaced again. Maybe that's what made it so hard to pursue a career of an idol- what people wanted changed every day. To maintain and live up the ideal expectations held by fans and potential business partners involved constantly changing oneself to fit into the fantasy everyone wanted. It was hard to fake a new personality and pretend to be the perfect person to be someone's idol for it had reached the point at which many forget their real personalities and had even replaced by what the people wanted them to be.

He'd seen many idols and celebrities alike who were a striking contrast to the people they used to be when they were in school, some becoming more outgoing and friendly- others rude and arrogant. He'd also seen many idols change drastically when the cameras stopped rolling; their gentle and soft personalities were drowned out by egoistic and brash. But perhaps it wasn't just the entertainment industry where this was witnessed, people were changing every day; the way they behaved and reacted to certain antics always managed to differ from what they would have done had they found themselves in that situation a while back, and sometimes that while is as small as a month. To suffice, people change; sometimes perhaps morphing into the person they pretend to be- Yoongi has morphed into a person he would have pitifully shaken his head at if he were still 18 and naive.