Chapter 23

Hi loves sorry for all the trash. I initially wanted to finish it up before school started but yea that didn't seem to work out so I have to put a long pause for it and not my motivation and ideas are all gone so I'll say sorry for all the crappy content till now even for this chapter. I feel like this book isn't going anywhere so I'll wrap things up in 2 more chapters. Sorry to disappoint ya'll.

Third Person's POV:

A soft chuckle left Kye's lips as he watched the endearing scene before him. On the carpet sat Xander with Matthew sitting in a laundry basket in between his legs as the little guy gripped onto the handle of the basket tightly while Xander moved the basket around, following the roller coaster animation played on the tv screen. Loud squeals rang out in the air followed by waves of laughter as the young one enjoyed his makeshift ride, clapping his hands and cheering 'dada!'' upon every turn and drop Xander made.

Touching the freshly baked carrot cupcakes lightly with a spoon to feel that it has already cooled down, Kye went to take the cream cheese frosting filled piping bag out of the fridge which he had prepared beforehand. Squirting an ample amount of frosting on each cupcake, he smiled at his successful creation before popping them into the fridge. Over the past 5 months, his cooking has no-doubt improved with all Castian's lessons and he was even confident to say that it's better than Xander's.

Stepping out silently into the living room, he wrapped his arms lightly around Xander's broad shoulders before resting his frame against Xander's broad firm back

Stepping out silently into the living room, he wrapped his arms lightly around Xander's broad shoulders before resting his frame against Xander's broad firm back. Feeling the warmth radiating from his lover, Xander leaned back into his lover's smaller frame, temporarily stopping Matthew's ride, earning an adorable pout from the little guy. Yet, a big smile broke out on his face when his eyes landed on Kye as he tried to climb out of the basket he was placed in but of course, his short legs weren't helping him in any way. "Papa!"

This made Xander roll his eyes playfully, trying to look angry at his angel. "So when papa is out, you don't want daddy. You little traitor." This earned him a fit of traitorous giggles from the little guy as he sought Kye for help with those puppy eyes of his. Matthew has been calling Kye 'Papa' ever since 4 months ago even though they've been trying to correct Matthew to call him Kye, they gave up eventually after a week of trying.

As Kye picked him up from the basket and down onto the carpet, he stood up to stumble and facepalm himself against Kye's chest, snuggling against his softer frame. His daddy's frame was too hard to be called comfortable thus he always wondered why his papa likes to lie on him.

"Shall we go?" Xander questioned as he came out from the kitchen with a big backpack and a small bouncy soccer ball in hand, causing Matthew's eyes to light up in excitement.

"Did you pack his birthday cupcakes?" Kye confirmed, not wanting the cupcakes to be forgotten. He wanted his son's birthday to go smoothly even if he has to annoy his lover for the day. It'll be a worthy sacrifice according to him.

"Of course. I can never miss those out. It's my baby's birthday after all right?" Xander asked, earning a fit of giggles from the young one. Clapping excitedly, he stuck out his legs and patted his feet, a ritual which Kye is already used to. Every time they went out, Matthew will pat his feet to ask Kye to help him put on his shoes. "I swear he acts like he's the King." Xander grumbles jealously for having his son steal all his lover's attention away.

"That's cause he is. Right, kiddo?" Kye cooes, rubbing his forehead against Matthew's who was busy giggling away. Xander couldn't help but sigh in defeat, laughing a little at how true Kye's words were. Matthew is indeed the King at home.

 Matthew is indeed the King at home

Xander's POV:

"Come on Matthew, don't be scared. Papa's here." Kye tried persuading but did no avail to convince the little guy who's arms are tightly wrapped around my leg. Despite placed into a dinghy, he didn't dare to let himself float into the centre of the pool where Kye stood. Yea... where Kye stood all in his glory. His firm yet slender torso packed with a defined 6-pack stood out in the open for eyes to feast on, causing people to swoon over him, especially by young ladies who seem to blush whenever they took glances at him.

Be jealous cuz he's mine only.

"Go to papa, Matthew. Daddy will be here." I tried, taking slow steps towards Kye which only resulted in Matthew grabbing onto my leg even tightly. Sigh... what should I do? Running my hand through my hair in despair, I stared at Kye pleadingly for help to which he let out a chuckle before walking over to our trembling little man.

Bending down in front of Matthew's sight, Kye gently took his little hands in his as Matthew stared into his eyes. "Look at Papa okay?" He said reassuringly as he slowly led Matthew further into the pool, his little legs kicking frantically for footing but soon relaxed when he realised that he was not going to drop into the water. "Look Matthew!" Kye exclaimed, making a water gun and shooting the water at his face. At first, Matthew just stared at him in a daze but then shook it off quickly, clapping and squealing in excitement as he tried to grab hold of the water at his sides which of course, to no avail.

"Here little one, do this." Splashing at Kye hard and earning a shocked look from him, Matthew's eyes shone in amusement as he tried to mimic my actions, splashing small tiny waves at Kye which Kye pretended to be greatly affected by. Cute.

"Shall we go to the slides?" Kye suggested, pointing towards the long green slides which made Matthew try to paddle over to. Here I was thinking that he's still scared, maybe not. "I'll hold onto his dinghy, Xan. You ride with him but make sure you take care of him, got it?" He warned fiercely, making me gulp in fear. Mamma bear is out.

"O-Of course love. I will." I nodded frantically at him before carefully carrying Matthew out of his dinghy, earning a pout from him. Is it me or does he really like to pout? "You'll become a duck very soon if you keep that up kiddo." I teased, earning a confused look from him and a soft whack from the mamma bear.

"Don't tease him, Xan. I'll be waiting at the bottom." He chuckled lightly, placing a light peck on my cheek before doing the same for Matthew who in return rubbed his face lovingly against Kye's cheek. Man, I think my heart just died from the overload of cuteness. "Love you birthday boy." Kye whispered out, placing another soft kiss on his nose which Matthew seems to love. He loves it when Kye places kisses on his nose, cheek or forehead, it's kinda cute I must admit.

"And I'll be the top." I coughed out before walking off casually, not missing the blushing red face of Kye's of course. Man, why is he so stunning in all ways possible?