Chapter 3

Woah more than 300+ reads already. I'm honestly amazed XD Thanks loves, ya'll the best! Well here's chapter 3 for you. Hope you'll enjoy.

Xander's POV:

"I'm back." I said sluggishly as I stepped into my apartment. Loud and ear-piercing cries instantly invaded my ears as I watched the nanny paced around the house with my son in her large arms.

"Mr Helbram! Thank goodness you're back! Matthew just won't stop crying!" She fussed worriedly as she handed the tiny life to me which seems just to do the trick of stopping his cries. This made her sigh in relief as she went to grab his bottle to hand it to me.

"I was just going to give him his 9th bottle for the day. He's one hungry boy I swear. Drank the bottle down in less than 30 minutes." She commented in a pleased tone as she tickled Matthew's belly, causing him to make cute sounds of laughter which revealed his toothless smile. That's considered fast? I didn't know.

"Sorry about the trouble, Mrs Granger. I'll take over now. Thank you for today."

"No worries Mr Helbram. I'll see you tomorrow." She chirped as she packed her stuffs up. Thank goodness she's coming back tomorrow. The previous nanny quit the job in less than a week due to Matthew's non-stop crying.

"Much appreciated." Bidding her goodbyes, I slowly sat down on the sofa with the angel carefully held in my arms as he stared up at me with his beautiful chocolate brown eyes of his, kicking his legs energetically upon the sight of the bottle. Stretching his grabby hands out excitedly, I let out a short laugh as I fed him his bottle.

"Hey Matty, did you miss Daddy?" I questioned the angel in my arms. As if understanding my words, a smile graced his face for a while before he returned to suckling hungrily on the bottle. I'll take it that you've missed me too eh, Matthew. Man... he's grown so big in just a month... soon he'll be going to school, finding a girlfriend, a job and then having a family of his own. That will be nice to watch.

As soon as he was done, he started to doze off while yawning softly. His chubby hands rubbed his eyes tiredly as he fidgeted crankily in my arms for a better sleeping position. Walking into my room with Matthew in hand, I gently laid him down in his crib, pulling his mini blanket over him before turning on the baby monitor. 8pm. Enough time for me to read up more.

Taking a quick shower, I opened my cupboard of instant noodles, only to close it back almost immediately with a guilty feeling in my chest. To think that I even need my own boss to remind myself to eat properly. Maybe I should start cooking especially since Matthew is around. I can't feed him instant noodles everyday. Alright let's start with the simplest just for tonight.

First of rice. Now...just where did I keep the rice? Wait... did I even buy them? Apparently not, it seems. Okay never mind. I'll replace it with instant noodles. Next eggs. Opening the fridge to a wave of coldness, I could roughly estimate what I have in the fridge. Almost nothing. Well, I have 2 eggs, a half carton of milk, 5 cans of beer and leftovers from takeouts... disgusting. I need to do some grocery shopping soon. Throwing the leftovers away, I started to prepare tonight's dinner which basically was just instant noodles with 2 eggs. Yeah... not an ideal one but just for today only.

"Return me the flask when you're done."

Oh... No wonder I thought I was forgetting something. Taking the thermal flask out from my backpack, my mind zoned out to the Boss as I washed the used bottles and flask thoroughly. The warm honey lemon he had given really helped to soothe my nerves and the chocolates too which satisfied my cravings for sweet things. It's as if he could read my mind or something. I'll have to thank him somehow for his kindness. Before I even knew what I was doing, I had placed the flask into the sterilizing machine along with Matthew's milk bottles, making me face-palm a little. I think before I'll even know it, I'll start sterilizing everything I've washed. Ah... oh wells.

The boss huh... just thinking about him sends a warm fuzzy feeling throughout my soul, as if warming me from inside out, freeing me from the accumulated toxins and stress. Man... I almost got a heart-attack when he called me back with the emotionless eyes of his. I swear I thought I was going to be fired from the leaves I took. To think that his first words were actually if I was alright or not. Seems like he wasn't as bad as I had expected him to be...

Feeling my face warm up slightly, I slapped my cheeks hard before grabbing a thick book off the shelves and flipped towards where I've stopped yesterday. 'Ways to stop a baby from crying. Method 1: Give him something to suck on—either a pacifier or a finger.' Something to suck on... a pacifier...sometimes I want to bash myself against the wall. How can I forget one of the most crucial things?! A pacifier to be exact! I really must make a note on what to buy.

'Method 2: Distract him. With a new toy, a family member or a pet.' Toys... I wonder what is appropriate? Soft toys? Ball? Chew toys? Urgh... I'm hopeless at this. I wonder who can I ask for opinions... someone who is not part of the company will be ideal but who...

'Method 3: Massage.' M-Massage?! I'll kill Matthew before I even get to massage him! The brute strength of mine is no good for massaging on babies. Maybe I can ask Mrs Granger to try it. Ok, where's my notepad and pen... arms...legs...abdomen...back...done. I'll pass it to her tomorrow.

Now... how should I return the Boss his kindness and the flask...

Xander's bedroom ^ just imagine a crib beside it lol x

Xander's bedroom ^ just imagine a crib beside it lol x.x

Btw... anyone any comments/ideas on how Xander should return Kye his flask? Hmmmmm...