Chapter 11

Third Person’s POV:

“3 sets?” Kye questioned in curiosity, appearing by Castian’s side without him noticing. This made Castian stare at his unusual stealthiness before going back to planning what he’s going to make for tomorrow’s lunch. This worried Kye to the bone as Castian was never this quiet or focused before. Even during a serious situation, he’ll try to lighten the mood by doing or saying something silly. “Are you okay, Castian? Are you sick?”

“What do girls like?” Castian asked out of nowhere, stunning Kye stupid as he sat there with mouth opening and closing without words escaping and eyes wide open without blinking like a goldfish. “Why am I asking you even? Not like you even have any experience with girls… ignore me.” Castian sighed loudly before turning back to his planning sheet with furrowed brows.

Humming lightly, an idea sparked in Kye’s mind as he clapped his hand together, alerting Castian of his idea as he suggested. “Sweet things? You can make your special?”

Castian pondered hard as to Kye’s suggestion, questions and worries filling his mind whether it’s good enough to convey his feeling to Celine with it. “My special? But isn’t it too simple?” Strawberry cheesecake was Castian’s special.

“It’s the heart that matters, remember?” Kye teased, replicating Castian’s way of speaking as he recited with a playful grin, making Castian headlock him in a firm grip

“So you’re the love advisor now huh, Young Master?” Castian taunted, earning a smug look from the younger male.

“You taught me those and I just picked them up, though I didn’t need them then…” Kye shrugged before sighing out loud. That sigh of course, did not get missed by Castian’s ears as a knowing grin appeared on his lips.

“Love problems, Young Master? Xander?” He teased, resulting in Kye turning all flustered as he quickly defended himself.

“What?! No! Definitely not! He’s just like an older brother!” Kye defended poorly, earning the I-totally-believe-that look from his I-know-everything butler. “I-I just want to know… how do you know if you’re in love?” He mumbled out embarrassedly, earning an eye roll from Castian.

“Hm… Is the person someone you can relax around? The first person who you want to call? You don’t mind spending a lot of time with them. You feel at home with them. You’re comfortable to tell them your problems or secrets? But I think the most important of all is whether you trust the person from the bottom of your heart and is willing to go lengths for them.”

Thinking about Castian’s words, heat rushed to Kye’s cheeks upon thinking who he be in love with. “I-I think that I’m in l-love with…”

“With?” Castian pried interestedly, leaning in towards him, their faces almost touching. This made Kye’s temperature rocket greatly as sweat threatened to escape his burning face.

“With… you, Castian…” Kye confessed innocently, making Castian bang his head against a pillow hard as he struggled to find words or actions to solve this intense problem.

“Okay look here, Young Master. What you feel for me is more like a brother’s love, sibling love to be exact.” He educated as lightly as possible, hoping to enlighten his Young Master in the nicest possible way.

“Like Xander’s?” Kye questioned, making Castian’s eyes shine brightly.

“Yes! Wait. No! Wait... maybe yes. Anyways, what you feel for me is not the romantic kind of love. Um… how do you feel if I’m going to kiss you?”

“Disgusted.” Kye replied bluntly without hesitation, making Castian’s heart break at that immediate and firm rejection, not that he was actually feeling it.

“Ouch. That’s harsh but yes. That’s not romantic love. How do you feel if Xander is going to kiss you?” Castian asked once again as Kye thought hard before giving his honest opinion.

“... I don’t know… squirmish? Saliva contains many germs and bacteria…” This made Castian sigh loudly at his words as he wondered which idiot told him that.

“Who the hell told you that rubbish?”

“You?”

“Oh yea... Me. My bad.” Castian coughed guilty into his fist. “But! It’s not as bad as me trying to kiss you right?” He quickly made up as Kye nodded in slight agreement. Well, at least they agreed on something.

~Meanwhile in another household~

“A woman?” Mdm Granger stopped in her tracks, pausing to turn towards the conflicted male behind her.

“Yea…”

“Well I don’t really think it’s compulsory for all families to have a female figure, a man works too in certain cases.” She answered honestly, wondering why Xander even asked her that silly question.

“So it’s not compulsory to have a woman in the house right?”

“Definitely not! What made you think like that?”

“I want Matthew to experience a mother’s love…” Xander dragged his words with a downcast look on his face, not knowing what was the right thing to do.

Sighing lightly at the single father’s worry, she patted him lightly on the back in empathy before explaining what she believed in. “A mother’s love can be shown by both man and woman, think about those single fathers outside, many brought their kids up without problem so aren’t they also capable of showing their kids motherly love. Right?” Xander nodded understandingly at her words, a gasp of relief escaping his lips. “So… a guy caught your eye?”

“Eh?! W-Why a g-guy?!” He jumped slightly at how spot-on the older woman was, making her chuckle at his obviousness.

“Well, judging by how you went to a couples event with a guy and not to mention, he’s quite hot I must say.” She wriggled her brows teasingly as Xander stared at her stunned, couldn’t believe that he was spotted by her.

“Y-You saw?”

“Not intentionally of course. Went out shopping for groceries and bam! Why did you even choose a window seat if you’re being discreet about it?” She sighed loudly. ‘Children will always be children…’ she thought in her mind, shaking her head at their ignorance and lack of brains.

“We didn’t know that it had a couples event going on…” Xander tried to retort but was instantly shot down by the older woman’s words which he can’t fight against.

“Well then you guys must be blind as hell as the banner outside is sure big as hell, even those staying in the next city can read what the banner wrote.” She sassed, making Xander sweat-drop at her remark. He had to admit, the banner was pretty big and flashy. They only noticed the banner after they had left the cafe.

“The sun was too bright.”

“Your sunglasses must be fake goods then if it couldn’t shade the rays off.” She outsmarted, leaving him speechless as he remembered that he was indeed wearing shades then.

“Maybe…”

“Yea… maybe.”