Chapter 7

Kye's POV:

"For the details like the glass fixtures, do remember to add in all the crucial measurements and show how the glass panels are supposed to be fixed in according to the design thought out. Ensure that the overall design follows all the criterias given."

"Yes, Boss. I'll get to it right away."

"Thanks. Get the material board ready too. I'll be visiting you in your department tomorrow. Prepare all the necessary presentation items, including the plans and section drawings. I believe you know what to do, Mr Hendrickson."

"Yes, Boss. You can count on me. Excuse me then." Bowing in respect, he left my office promptly with the files in hand.

*buzzz buzzz* Castian?

'Young Master, sorry to tell you this now but I won't be able to bring you lunch today. Got to handle some stuff your dad has assigned me to complete -_- But hey, good chance to invite ur *cough cough* out for lunch ;) Seeya.'

Who? Oh wells... seems like I'll be going to the staff canteen then. Maybe I should go earlier then I would not meet with the crowd...

Standing at the front door of the canteen, my legs started to turn jelly as I contemplated whether to u-turn or enter. Multiple pairs of eyes stared at me like I'm some intruder who's going to invade their territory, causing my eyes to avert away slightly but still on the canteen. Scanning the area, bile threatened to rise up my throat upon seeing how everyone is using the same type of cutleries. No way am I using the same cutleries. Imagine all the germs and bacteria from other people touching them. What if they weren't even washed properly?!

Wasting no time at all, I ran back to my empty office level where everyone had all disappeared for lunch except for the same male who never follows them out. Sigh... I wonder what should I do now. Maybe I should order take-outs but the food will be cold by the time it arrives...

"Boss?" Hearing his questioning voice, I turned to see Xander staring at me with his head tilted at a slight angle.

"Yes, Mr Helbram?"

"Aren't you going to eat?" Ah...ummm "Is your butler late?"

"Ah no... He's not coming." Coughing lightly, he cleared his throat before scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

"Oh. Umm... if you don't mind... I have cup noodles?"

"Eh? You sure? I don't wish to-"

"Don't worry, Boss. I have extra disposable cutleries too." Waving at me to go over to him, I approached his desk where he then pulled open his bottom drawer, his stash. "Take your pick, Boss. I have curry, tom yum, chicken, sesame oil, ramen and kimchi flavour..." He dragged on before coughing awkwardly. "I know. Very healthy."

"Kimchi then." Digging through his stash, he took one of it out and one other for himself before digging out the disposable cutleries. "Thank you, Mr Helbram."

"No worries. Oh and call me Xander, Boss"

"Yes Xander, then call me Kye."

"Um, Kye, do you want to eat together?" "Do you want to eat together?" We asked at the same time, resulting in us staring at each other in awkward silence. I felt my cheeks burn up in flames in embarrassment while Xander merely chuckled in amusement. Woah... His laughter sounds...warm....

"S-Shall we eat in my office?" I suggested hesitantly after a while but instantly regretting my words. What if he finds it awkward? What if he says no? What if he finds me weird? What if-

"Sure, Kye. I'll help you prepare your noodles then." He nodded with a warm smile on his face before standing up promptly.

"A-Ah ok. Then I'll grab us drinks. What would you like?" I hurriedly offered as he thought about it. I wonder how his eyes look like under that fringe of his. Will they be soft, squinted or dazed...