Chapter 22

Xander’s POV:

“So Mr Helbram… you’re dating my son. My successor and only son to be exact.” Mr Morrison interrogated as he sat at the opposite side of the dining table, staring straight at me with those sharp intimidating eyes of his. I gulped, my palms sweating slightly on the inside

“Yes, Mr Morrison.” I replied honestly, looking straight into his eyes, not giving in to his frightening gaze. If I’m going to date Kye, no way am I going to waver in front of his dad even though he’s technically still my boss. I’m a man too for goodness sake. If I can’t even hold my footing in front of him, he’ll think that I’m unfit for his son.

“Do you think it’s right to do so without even asking me for permission for my son’s hand?” He raised his voice slightly, slamming his hand onto the dining table with much force as Kye shook him by his shoulders to cut it out.

How did I even end up in this situation? Oh yea… it started from a phone call from Kye’s parents that they’re coming back to visit for a week and his mum wanted to meet us apparently for dinner and so… here I am, facing a over-protective father bear.

Before he can continue his words, a loud smack sounded, making he wince in pain as  he rubbed the back of his head. Behind him stood Mrs Morrison, arms folded over her chest and a hardcover cookbook in her hand as she smiled down at her husband with a creepy look in her eyes. “What did I say about scaring our son’s boyfriend...Dear?”

A loud gulp can be heard as Mr Morrison fake chuckled at his wife. “I need to make sure that he’s good for our son, r-right?” This made both Kye and Mrs Morrison roll their eyes in sync as they stared at him with unbelieving eyes. “W-Well I have to do my duty as a father…” He stuttered miserably, revealing his true self. He’s actually a very easy going, understanding and kind hearted person. He’s well-liked by all the staffs in the company due to how considerate he is and how easy he is to talk to.

“Well the duty of you as his father is to help me bring the dishes out.” She sassed, making him groan in protest and volunteering Kye to do it instead. This earned him a death glare which he shrinks back down in fear. At least we know who has the most say in this house.

“I’ll help you, Mrs Morrison.” I offered, standing up quickly, earning a soft smile from her.

“Thank you dear. You’re such a helpful person unlike someone.” She huffed, dragging me by hand towards the kitchen but not before smacking him in the head once more with the book. Man… he must be thick-headed.

Dinner was one word. Delightful. Mrs Morrison’s dishes were one of a kind. The dishes may be simple but it has a very homey feel to it, it’s like basking in a mother’s warmth. A perfectly baked thin-crusted pizza topped with tender bbq chicken chunks, sprinkled over with handfuls of shredded mozzarella cheese and garnished with fresh parsley leaves and more savoury bbq sauce.