Chapter 10

Castian's POV:

"Eh?" Where is Young Master? Is he still in a meeting? But his meeting starts only at 3pm today.

"If you're finding for the Boss, he went out with Xander." A clear yet slightly cold voice rang out, sending a shiver down my spine. 

"Eh?! Where? When?"

"A cafe down the road. Left 5 minutes ago. I wonder when did they become so close..."

"A c-cafe?" Is Young Master sick of my food already? That's why he went to a cafe? But I always cook different things... is my standard dropping?! Did I forget to sterilize his cutleries that's why he doesn't want my food?! But I always remember to sterilize them!

Suddenly, a strong firm grip grabbed hold of my shoulders. I don't even know since when have I been squatting down. "Look here," and that I did. I must admit, the view from down here looks way much better then up there. My goddess just screams dominance. "Just because the Boss went to a cafe doesn't mean he hates your food. He must have forgotten to tell you that, that's all and you were talking out loud so I couldn't just ignore." She reassured, a faint blush appearing on her cheeks.

"Okay... then would you like to have it?" I suggested, praying that she'll accept it but down right rejected.

"No thanks." She replied flatly, crossing her arms at me. Eh? Here I was thinking it was a good chance to spend some time to learn about my goddess. Sucks to be me then...

"Oh... ok.... I'll throw it away then." Shrugging carefreely to cover up my disappointment, I flung the lunch boxes behind my back before walking off. I'll just stuff myself till I burst I guess.

"Wait! I-I'll take it. B-But if I have food poisoning, you are taking responsibility! Got it?" She called out swiftly in a slightly panicky voice. Hearing her words, I stopped in my track, turning my head back slightly to see her looking away from me, her ear however exposed, glowing a bright shade of red. Cute.

Spinning around, I mock-saluted at her, "Loud and clear madam!" making her cheeks burn hot in embarrassment as she tried to hide her blushing red face. "Do you want to eat together?"

"T-The rooftop is nice..." She suggested softly, her face still a shade of rosy red.

"Sure. The rooftop it is. Let's go." Sticking my hand out to her, she approached it cautiously, contemplating hard on whether or not if she should hold it. Ah. I'll let her hate me later for this. Grabbing her hand, I wrapped my fingers around her much softer and slender ones in a firm grip before leading her by hand and up the stairs which was the only way to access the rooftop. Eh..there are no benches or chairs here. How can I let her sit on the floor. Should I bent over and let her sit on my back?

"Here." She tugged my hand lightly, pulling us into a shady corner where the breeze blow gently against our faces. There she then sat on the ground without much hesitation as I stared at her in wonder. "What? Never seen a lady sit on the floor?"

"Honestly? Never. You're the first." I said in amusement but accidentally offended her when she glared at me.

"Well sorry I'm the first-"

"I don't mean it in a bad way! I'm just amazed. Most women I've seen wouldn't even sit on a clean floor and there's you." I quickly cut in, not wanting to soil the mood and have her leaving because of a misunderstanding.

"Well, I'm not like most women that's for sure."

"Yes yes. You aren't. Neither have I let any other women try my food before." I said casually before passing her a box and spare cutleries then sitting beside her cross-legged. She turned to face me with slightly widened eyes as I shrugged back at her in reply. What? It's not that surprising, is it?