Chapter 16

Bless me. I'm writing this at 1am when I have to wake up for school at 7am. I swear I'm drowning in school work.😥

Kye’s POV:

“Yes, Mr Morrison. I’ve scheduled the flight for 6 to Hawaii and have also sent a copy of the informations to the rest of the team. You’ll be departing on 16th which is a Wednesday and touching down on the 20th, at night. Accommodation has been booked and transport has been arranged to meet you there upon arriving. Do you have any questions, Sir?” Hudson ran through detailedly, closing the sleek black folder in his hands shut.

“Have you wrote in to the construction company, informing them about the visit?” I questioned, so as to double confirm. I don’t want it to be a wasted trip after all.

“Yes, Sir. They have announced that they’re ahead of time and that they’ll be ready anytime to bring the team around anytime. The structure and furnishings are almost completed and they’re left with the reception area, lightings and the interior furnitures.” He explained, leaving promptly after I had thanked him for his hardwork.

Stretching my sore limbs, I stared at the clock in anticipation, hoping that the minute hand would travel faster or something. Its been a month since Xander and I got to even have a proper meal together. It’s either the meetings always clashing with Xander’s lunch break or me getting swamped with paperworks by companies needing confirmation for various things. I wonder how Dad coped with all these work while still spending time with us.

Just as the I prepared to leave my office, my phone rang, vibrating furiously in my breastpocket. Man... It tickles. Speaking of the devil, I answered the call promptly, mentally bracing my ears for the sudden fluctuation of volume and frequency.

“Hello?”

“Hey Son! How’s the company? Coping well? I heard from Castian that you’re managing it well apparently.” Dad shouted over the phone. Well not really shouting but with that naturally loud voice of his, anyone will think that he’s shouting.

“Give me! I wanna talk to my baby!” Mum fussed as her smacks can be heard over the phone. Bless you Dad. Hope you won’t get dementia from Mum’s love for you. “Jim Morrison! Hand it to me right now!” She insisted as Dad sighed loudly into the phone.

“You heard the man-Ouch!” A loud smack, followed by Mum’s grumbles of Dad calling her a man sounded over the phone. I swear they never grow up… “Jesus woman! I’m so going to spank you back twice as hard in bed later.” Ewww… I don’t need to know about their night life. I totally need holy water to cleanse my ears now. “Anyways, I’ll call you after work.” Dad said hastily before passing the phone over to Mum. 3...2...1…

“AM I GETTING ANY GRANDBABIES SOON?!”

“Mummmmm….” I whined. How can I give her grandbabies when at the first place, I’m not even in a relationship. Or… wasn’t.

“I want twins! Triplets works too! HAVE YOU GOTTEN THE D OR THE V YETTT?!”

“Mummm-”

“I swear Kye Morrison. It’s time for you to find someone to settle down soon! Else you still be a virgin at 40 like the title of this book! To think that I lost my virginity at 18! What’s happening to the current society?! HAS THE MAKERS CUT OFF EVERYONES BALLS STARTING FROM THE 21ST CENTURY OR WHAT?!”

“Mum listen… I got the *coughs* d already….” As if on cue, my door opened to reveal a stunned looking Xander who then made his way robotically to the sofa near my side before pretending that he did not hear anything. Talk about being awkward and an embarrassment to society….