"I want to approach it the right way, you think arshlee would accept a marriage proposal?"

The moment the waves of his voice dropped, a loud thud sound from the waves of the sea as it hit the shore was heard, the magical movements of the plants seemed to stop, and like the emotions she was feeling few seconds back were stripped away by one single statement of his, the life from every being there seemed to slip.

A state of high realization hit her,

"Nina you think arshlee would finally accept me with this approach?" he asked again,
But her ears seemed to be beating too, she felt the rush of hollowness wash through her, oh it was painful, very crunching.

Her eyes looked into his, trying to find out is she did really mistake his signals, trying to find out if she was such a bad reader that she couldn't read quite what his eyes expressed, trying to find out if she was wrong to expect of him.

A part of her wanted to blame him, to hit him even, to yell at him, to cry, to let every pinching emotion she felt out, she wanted to let every guard she had down, but she also knew, that not once, not even once have Farouk ever told her to have high Hope in their relationship, not even once have Farouk ever acted out of what he normally did, it was her mistake to accept his friendship, he was only been her friend, it was all her..at the end, she fell real hard, but the feeling was not at all mutual. From the very start,she knew he loved arshlee, he loves arshlee and he would love only her.

Another part of her wanted to move closer and wrap her arms around him, hold him close and confess her heartfelt feelings, desires and wants, sob on his chest and profess the underlying admiration she had for him, But she also knew that, if Farouk would accept her love, it would be only out of sympathy not , out of sincere involvement.

"Nina, answer me" her gaze wavered, and she quickly blinked back the reflection of tears she felt against her lids, she stepped back, but still forced a smile, her lips trembled and quivered, she felt it,

Her eyes held a thousand oceans of tears, yet, none fell.

It reflected a thousand pieces of glass that are wedged in between her soul and body,

Her smile was painful,

"Omar, it's beautiful, she'd--definitely like it-" she forced another weak smile,

His eyes were concentrated on her, his full focus was on her, and one last time, she looked up to the reflection his eyes had due to the unmatched hue of the beach lights,

why did his words feel so real as if they were meant solely for her? Why did he all of a sudden divert every ounce of love she felt,to that of sadness? How did he not feel any ounce of affection or love towards her?

How could that I love you not mean a thing? How could it be only for A'Isha?

She chuckled, "but that is definitely not the proper way to kneel for a proposal, is it even necessary to propose the cliche style?"

She asked but nevertheless scrunched low and allowed the soft golden sand to absorb her one knee, the other stood in the right position,

That smile she carried was painful, crunching,

"this is how to kneel properly, but even so, it wouldn't be appropriate to hold her hands the way you did me, that is haram" she explained and got up from her position, and she knew she couldn't hold it in, no more, she quickly turned around,her back facing him, the same time a drop of tear slipped down her cheeks, she brushed it away quickly,