Hufflepuff

In a world where everyone wants to be a Gryffindor like Harry, a Slytherin like Draco or a Ravenclaw like Luna, it seems that no one really wants to be a Hufflepuff. It’s not the popular choice, and those of us who are proud of our Hufflepuff housing have to deal with a lot of flack.

I think that all in all, Hufflepuffs tend to be amazing without even noticing it themselves.

Sometimes, I wish I could be a Hufflepuff. All other houses had their betrayals- Gryffindors had Peter, Slytherin with Voldemort, and Ravenclaws had Marrieta Edgecomb.

Being a Hufflepuff is amazing! They're amazing people and the house is filled with smart, brave, cunning, creative individuals.

Go watch the video on the side. GO. WATCH. IT.

Though the jokes are certainly funny, they’re not at all fair. Only last year, Rowling praised her daughter for saying that everyone should want to be a Hufflepuff, and claimed that it was her favorite house too for reasons that the last book makes clear; when the students have a choice about whether or not to fight in the Battle of Hogwarts, the badgers all stay “for a different reason [than the Gryffindors]. They didn’t want to show off, they weren’t being reckless, that’s the essence of Hufflepuff.” So why don’t people get that? Why will Hufflepuff always be a shorthand term to make fun of those deemed dull and useless?

Now, this video got loads of unpositive comments, and I COMEPLETLY agree with them. There was one, though, that caught my eye.

Hufflepuff: The House of mediocrity and people that get killed to advance the plot.

Now that hit me real hard. I was about to reply angrily saying it's wrong, but my thoughts stopped me.

Cedric... Tonks... UGH WHY

But the thing is, I think JKR didn't include them to advance the plot. She couldv'e erased Cedric entirely and made Harry be chosen for Hogwarts, and yay, everything would've been fine. But by putting Cedric, she showed the traits of a Hufflepuff and teached us a huge lesson for life.

(Ok I'm gonna reply to one last comment then keep ranting XD)

Another comment:

*Insert load of sh*t explaining why Hufflepuffs are annoying and the Hogwarts wannabes* I openly say I dislike Hufflepuff and its members (at least the ones who are proud to be in that house) and I also openly say that they are lame and boring.

OKAY FTW

WAIT A MOMENT

YOU'RE SAYING THAT YOU DISLIKE 'at least the ones who are proud to be in that house'?! SO YOU MEAN THAT YOU LIKE ONLY THE HUFFLEPUFFS THAT ARE SAD AND DISSAPOINTED TO BE IN HUFFLEPUFF?! That's STUPID, which is surprising seeing as you stated you are a Ravencalw. (I'm so annoyed at the stupid thing my fellow Ravenclaws say right now ugh GAH)

Unfortunately, you also show the worst traits of your house, obnoxious intelligence to the point of taking cold logic over feelings and complete lack of empathy towards others.

I really hope I'm not like that XD I can show obnoxious intelligence (I think) when I'm mad, but not to the point of 'taking cold logic over feelings and complete lack of empathy towards others.'

UGH WHAT GUYS HELP

OKAY NO

LOOK AT THIS (another comment)

Shut up huffelpuff cause ravenclaw is rising up

I'M SOOO ASHAMED AT THINGS PEOPLE IN MY HOUSE SAY RIGHT NOW

LIKE WHAAAT

Okay enough with the comments thingy, this is getting longer than I thought it'd be.

I saw this somewhere-

When confronted with a locked door they want to get through, a Gryffindor would kick it down, a Ravenclaw would look for a key, a Slytherin would pick the lock but a Hufflepuff would knock.

Yeah, that's a thing to be proud for.

-Dawn the Devious