23

Sonata stepped out of her apartment, yawning. The door opened to the apartment across from her and a pretty dark haired lady walked out. Sonata gave her a friendly smile and continued to lock her door.

The door opened again as the lady rush down the steps of their apartment building. This time Naruto walked out. They both looked at each other in surprise.

"Well, I guess we're neighbors again." Sonata smiled. Kakashi sensei was a slick one, putting her across from Naruto. "No hard feelings, right?" She said, sticking out her hand.

Naruto stuck out his hand, and grabbed her's gently. Cursing mentally, when he felt the warmth go through his body. "Yeah, that's no problem. I'll like that." He frowned, holding on to her hand. She tilted her head, confused on why he wasn't letting go of her hand. "I want to apologize for the way I acted before, you know.. I was being an ass. You didn't deserve that."

Sonata wasn't expecting an apology so soon, but it made her feel better. She gave him a bright smile. "It's okay Naruto. As long as we're friends now, that's all I care about. That's water under the bridge." She stated. "I'm not harboring any ill feelings. I've already went through that phase."

"Yeah.." Well he was still going through it. "I'll see you later then."

Sonata went to see the Hokage only to be told that she had a mission and she would be partnered with Shikamaru. A escort mission but since the person was important, they needed high rank ninjas to escort them.

"Hi, I'll be one of your escorts." Sonata said, as she walked up to the guy, whose back was turned to her.

He turned around and Sonata couldn't help but think he was a handsome man with his brown hair and light purple eyes. He smiled, "Sorry for the trouble but I'm sure the trip will be smooth."

"It's no problem. That's my job as ninja to protect and defend." She assured him.

"This is going to be a drag." Shikamaru yawned as he walked up to them with a bored expression on his face. Sonata elbowed him, shushing him up. "Don't say that in front of the client." She smiled at the guy and said, "He's kidding."

They started the way to Luya Village. Sonata sat out front with the guy. She glanced over at him, "Sorry sir but I never got your name."

"It's Kaito. I never got yours either and you don't have to be so formal. We are around the same age." He answered.

Shikamaru peeked from his seat. "You mean like Prince Kaito from the royal family located in Luya Village?"

Kaito's face hardened. "No, Kaito. Just Kaito. I don't go by Prince anymore." He stated.

"Wow! You're a Prince?!" Sonata didn't catch on to the vibe. "No wonder you have all those fancy things packed up."

"No. I'm not. I'm just Kaito." He repeated. "You didn't give me your name." He changed the subject.

"Oh, right. I'm Sonata Ōtsutsuki and he's Shikamaru Nara." She grinned.

Kaito glanced at Shikamaru, an impressed look on his face. "The Nara clan, I've heard your clan was full of genius people. I've always admired that."

"You could call us genius, but we're more so incredibly observant to our surroundings." Shikamaru said.

"Yeah. That makes sense." Kaito agreed. "But that's make your smart."

Sonata laid her head back in the seat as she stared into the sky as they talked to each other. She didn't feel any chakra approaching them, they were good for now. Unless any high skilled ninjas were suppressing their chakra.