15

A week after the war ended, Sonata found herself sitting on top of the 4th statue head.

"I knew I would find you here."

Sonata rubbed Akamaru as he came and rubbed his head against her shoulder. "I'm pretty sure you guys could sniff me out." She said.

Kiba laughed as he sat down next to Sonata. "True. But why are you up here by yourself?"

"Naruto brought me up here my first day in the village, when I looked down I was able to see how beautiful it was. It was a nice feeling." She said. "Now when I look down all I feel is sadness and frustration."

Kiba frowned, "look at it like this, the village back then was full of misunderstandings, mistrust, and pain. Now the village being rebuilt will have better qualities. It'll be built with trust, no misunderstandings, and no pain. It'll be built on the peace we've all fought so hard for. All of us."

Sonata sniffed, "That's what Naruto said. You two are more alike than you know. Which is probably why you guys butt heads so much."

Kiba stared down at where the village use to be. "Yeah. We always competed with each other, but he beat me this time to winning your heart. Though I know I'm going to be okay as long as we'll always be friends." He smiled.

"Friends? Kiba you're like a best friend. Ever since the day Nagato attacked the village, you've been in a special place in my heart." Sonata stated. She scratched behind Akamaru's ear. "And Akamaru."

"Well that's good to hear." Kiba said, standing up. "But lets get you out of this depressing place. You shouldn't come back here until the village is rebuilt."

She stood up too, nodding her head with a smile on her face. She really liked Kiba, he always looked out for her. She took off running as she shouted, "Last one down owes the other person ramen."

"That little cheat!"

***

A year later **

**

Sonata marched into the village, frustrated from the mission she just got back from with Hinata and Kiba.

She was way past frustrated, she was upset. And it was because of Hinata.

She stepped into her apartment, slamming the door. Naruto glanced up from his ramen, quickly trying to shield the comic book he was reading.

"I saw that Naruto. You should be studying the information Shikamaru gave you. Not reading a comic book." She said as she walked right past him.

Naruto raised his eyebrows as he caught her hand before she could fully walk past him. He stood up and pulled her into a hug. He could feel her instantly relax, but he knew she was still upset about something. "What's wrong? What happened?" He asked, his blue eyes glancing down at her bright brown ones.

"I don't want to say this but I don't think Hinata should be doing missions. She almost got Kiba hurt because she couldn't even watch her area correctly. I barely made it in time to stop the sword from piercing Kiba, while she just stood there frozen." Sonata explained. "I felt myself becoming angry so I left for the village first before I could do anything drastic or maybe hurtful. I think Hinata needs to still be in therapy. She's still traumatize by Neji's death."

"Maybe she does." Naruto spoke, thoughtfully. "But Hinata is the type to overcome her fear and shyness at the right time. Maybe it's something else."

Sonata shrugged her shoulders. She was still upset that Kiba could've been fatally hurt. "It doesn't matter. Maybe you should talk to her, She'll talk to you."

Naruto placed his hand on her forehead as he smoothed out the wrinkles. "Don't frown so much or you'll age fast, ya know."

She rolled her eyes at his randomness, but placed her hands on his shoulders. "I missed you while I was away, ya know." She mimicked him.

His eyes darkened as he stared down at her, his eyes flicked to her lips as he licked his own. "I missed you too." He said, his nerves were bouncing all over the place. Like they always do when he's with her. She would never know how crazy she made him feel on the inside.

Sonata's face heated up at his actions. She glanced down to hide her face from him as she said her next words. "Naruto, I'm ready for our first time." She said, her whole body was heated up.

"Look at me." He gently lifted her head up with his hand. "I'm nervous too. There's nothing to be embarrassed about. If you say you're ready, I'm going to make it as perfect as I can." He said. She only deserved but the best.

"Okay." She smiled. "I trust you, Naruto."

He leaned down and kissed her gently on the lips. "Good. Now go take a shower. I can tell you didn't take any breaks getting here." He grinned, goofily as he pinched his nose.

"Our first time making ramen together!!! Whooopppo!!!" She yelled, running into the bathroom.
**

The next day, Naruto found himself knocking on Hinata's door. She looked shocked and a little embarrassed when she saw that it was Naruto.

"Hey hinata." He smiled, sheepishly at her. He scratched his head, "Mind if we talk?"

Hinata was silent after he explained everything to her. "I think she's right. I don't think I'm ready to be out on missions yet. I completely blanked when the action actually started. And it's not my first time doing this... but nobody wanted to tell Lady Tsunade on me, so it's like I've been pretending like it never happened." She said, as tears crept up to her eyes. "I'm so sorry."

Naruto didn't know what to do with a crying girl unless it was Sonata. He awkwardly reached his hand out, and patted her hand. "I understand Hinata. Neji's death still hits me hard too. I feel like... no, I know it was my fault."

Hinata rubbed her eyes with her free hand, "No it was his choice. But I really wished he had survived. I'm going to go back to therapy. I don't want to put anyone else in danger over my carelessness."

After they finished talking, Naruto left her place with a heavy heart. Hinata seemed so broken. It reminded him of Sonata when Nagato attacked.

He turned around and knocked on her door once more. "Hinata, would you like to tutor me with the work Iruka sensei gave me to help me move up?" He asked, once she opened her door. Maybe if she had someone she trusted to be there for her, she would get better.