20

"Toneri's power just dropped." Sonata told Hinata as they were running back to where everyone was.

Sonata was worried about Naruto. She hated to leave him to fight alone. He always tried to take care of things himself, but she wanted to have his back like how he had everyone else.

"Naruto!" Sonata exclaimed, throwing herself on him as they arrived where everyone was resting. "You're okay."

Naruto instinctively wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tight. "I told you I would be." He said, letting her go, but keeping an arm loosely around her.

Hinata sighed but it wasn't bitter. Naruto barely glanced in her direction when they arrived. His eyes were on Sonata, and Sonata only. She couldn't compete with that. And she didn't want to anymore.

Naruto looked up, his eyes locked on Hinata. He was still upset about what happened between them two, but he knew he'd be even more upset if something had happened to her. "I'm glad you're okay too, Hinata."

She blinked in surprised, but nodded her head at him.

"But this mission still isn't over with. We have to get back Hanabi's eyes." Sakura stated, placing a hand on her hip.

Shikamaru abruptly stood up, his face went from relaxed to confusion as he looked at the countdown watch on his wrist. "Something's not right."

"You got that right." Sonata said, her hands twitched at the power coming from straight ahead. The Tenseigan was destroyed, but Toneri's power was growing again.

"I'm surprised that you haven't became angry on this mission yet." Sakura commented, as she cracked her knuckles, readying for Toneri to attack. "that would help us out a lot."

Toneri flew at them at an astonishing speed, stopping Sonata from answering. He was staring directly at Hinata as he moved.

"I said I would spare you, and your sister from my decree. But you've broken my trust Byakugan Princess. Now I won't spare your sister." He spoke. He lifted his hand as a orb appeared on his palm.

The orb flew towards Sakura, who was holding Hanabi.

"Sakura!"
"No, Hanabi!"

Sonata and Hinata couldn't move fast enough, but a orange streak stopped her in her tracks as Naruto engulfed Sakura and Hanabi in Kurama's chakra. Kurama's hand flew from Naruto, catching the orb and throwing it far from them before it could touch them.

"You've pissed me off." Naruto declared, he was staring hard at Toneri. "Actually, you've  been pissed me off."

"I don't want to hurt you since you're so close to the main branch's Princess, but I desperately want to kill you because you're the object that's standing between me and my own Princess. The latter will have to do." Toneri stated. "And I don't need your friends to interfere, or his daughter."

Before Sonata could say or do anything she was wrapped up in wood. So were Shikamaru, Sakura, Hanabi, Hinata, and Sai.

Naruto flashed by Sonata's side, his fists were clenched by his side. "You lay one hand on her, that'll be the last thing you ever do." Naruto threatened.

"Believe me, I won't. If I want to hurt her, I'll only need to hurt you." Toneri sneered.

Toneri clasped his hands together, his whole body glowed green as the meteorites started levitating around him. They all started gravitating towards each other, piling on top of one another.

Sonata gasped when she saw what he was creating, a golem. "Naruto, bring out Kurama!" Sonata called out. That thing was huge.

"Already one step ahead of you." Naruto said as Kurama came out of Naruto.