3

Sonata has been in the village for two months now. She couldn't say she wasn't enjoying herself, because she was. She became friends with a lot of people, and learned new things about being a ninja everyday. It was starting to confuse her as well. The way they treated each other here was different from how they treated each other back in the hideout, but she can at least say that it some way they all cared for each other in the hideout. She wondered how everyone was doing.

She was also confused on the terrible things that was suppose to be going on in the world. It seemed very peaceful at the leaf village, at least. She wondered just what kind of peace Nagato was always speaking about, if this wasn't it?

Right now, they were in the middle of taking something called the Chunin exams. Sonata wasn't able to take it this year. The hokage wanted her to have a little bit more experienced on working in a team. She also had to downplay her skills like Konan told her to do. Certain Justus were off limits here.

They were in the elimination rounds, but Sonata couldn't be there to watch. Unfortunately. She was sitting at a ramen shop Naruto had introduced her too. She was quietly eating her noodles when a familiar chakra stopped behind the curtain. She tensed up a little. She never talked to the man before, but she definitely remembered him.

"One bowl of my favorite please." The guy said as he plopped down in the stool next to her. His long white hair was pulled into a ponytail like hers. "It feels great to be back in the village." He sighed.

He glanced down at the teen next to him. She looked really familiar to him. He couldn't quite put his finger on it. He shrugged his shoulders. Oh well.

"A bowl for the great sanin, on the house. It's good to see you thriving." Teuchi said, placing a huge bowl of ramen in front of the guy.

Sonata head almost snapped off her shoulders. This guy was one of the legendary sanin like Orochimaru? The leaf village was quite popular it seems. Almost everyone from back home could be linked to someone from the village.

"Like what you see?!" The white haired guy said, noticing the brown haired girl looking at him. Must be his good looks.

"Gross no!" She exclaimed, shrinking back. Curiosity still grew on her face. "Are you really one of the legendary sanins?"

He slurped up his noodles, and pointed to himself. "Yes indeed. You're looking at one of the greats kid! The toad sage sanin himself, Jiraiya!"

This guy was the one, who was always stalking out near their hideouts. She never knew he was that powerful. He was hiding his chakra reserve very nicely. "That's pretty cool. I wish I could be as strong as you." She stated, truthfully.

"Judging from the amount of chakra coming from you, it doesn't seem like it'll be difficult for you." Jiraiya replied. "Say, do you happen to have someone training you?"

She thought over it. "I guess you can say Kakashi sensei is my trainer, but I haven't been able to do much lately. He's too busy with his original team with the chunin exams."

Jiraiya chewed on his noodles as he peered at the teen again. Something about her chakra was familiar to him, and with how much she has, she might be of a good asset in the future. Okay, he had made his decision. "Then why don't you let me train you? While your sensei is busy, I can fill in. How about it kid?" He was curious on exactly who this child was. He never seen her around the village before.

"That would be wonderful! I'm loving this village more, and more everyday." Sonata exclaimed, excitedly. "When we can we start?"

"Hmmm. Let's say tomorrow morning at 8am." He said. He reached in his pocket and brought out money. "I'll pay for your bowl to celebrate this new partnership." He grinned.