Who Are We? Wintar's Entourage

25 Who Are We? Wintar's Entourage

"How was your date, Lira?" Jeff asks as we walk to school.

"How do you know!"

"I saw that pretty boy's car dropping you off at your house yesterday. I assumed it must be so. Since, you know, you like him now."

"How do you know that!"

"When you confess in front of his fan girls, it isn't surprising that all their Facebook statuses immediately turn into "I can't believe Lira just confessed to Wintar!" by the end of the day. I hit the refresh button almost a hundred times, but everyone's statuses were the same."

You have to admit though, most people don't have fan girls.

"So, what was your status?" I ask.

"Jeff Stark says I DON'T CARE!" Jeff grins. "All the guys 'Liked' that."

I'm not surprised. In one day, Wintar singlehandedly stole over half of the girls at Livonian. Just by stepping on campus.

"I still don't approve of him," Jeff says looking at me.

If you had it your way, I'd be celibate.

"I don't think you can say that anymore," I say.

"Why?"

"Well, someone had the bright idea of doing a hot dog eating contest with an elite model out in public!"

Jeff blinks. "How do you know that?"

I smack Jeff on the arm. "Because a helicopter landed in the middle of the Orchid Plaza parking lot, and a woman from some modeling agency is now blackmailing Wintar with pictures of Aldabella!"

Jeff doesn't speak for a moment.

"Wait, a helicopter landed!?"

I smack Jeff once more. "That's not the issue!"

"Was it cool?"

I pause. "Yes it was! But that's besides the point!"

"So, they have pictures of Alda now? Ones that can ruin her image?"

I nod. "Yes. Didn't Aldabella tell you about her situation?"

"Of course!" Jeff says. "And I thought the best way to lighten the mood after that talk was to have a hot dog eating contest…"

Oh, Jeff.

"So, what are they asking Wintar to do?"

I sigh. "To move back to Italy and model for their company."

"Maybe you can speak to this woman."

I look up.

"Maybe you can convince her to make a different deal or something…"

I shrug. "How would I do that? I don't even know where she is."

"She's got to be staying at some hotel around here. Wintar would probably have her information if she's blackmailing him."

Wait a second…Jeff's right! By jove, the boy is right!

"Genius!" I cry out and begin sprinting to the school.

"Hey, wait for me!" Jeff cries out, but he slows down not wanting to run.

It's all those hot dogs you ate!

I turn into the gate.

I'm a convincing girl, right? I mean, if I can get the most beautiful boy to like me, then maybe I can—