Killer Looks

I've been standing in the doorway of my classroom for far too long for it to be considered normal. It has officially transitioned into awkward and yet all I can think about is how there's a beautiful stranger sitting in a desk next to mine.

"Lira."

I turn around and breathe easier. It's Tanya, my go-to-girl if you feel up for a party or simply to dance. Don't misjudge her though, she's also the go-to-girl if you want to play video games or plan a paintball war.

"Woah, who's the new guy?" she asks, catching sight of the pretty boy.

"I don't know." I look at her, pleading. "Please change seats with me."

Tanya smiles brightly and gives my cheek a light smack. "Of course. I would love to. Did I mention I love your phobia?"

"See? It does benefit people," I say as I walk to her desk. She sits at the very front of the classroom, to the right. "And Clarissa said I needed help. Hah!"

"Yeah, don't get too ahead of yourself there," says Tanya.

We both take a quick look at the analog clock above the whiteboard. It's 7:59. Tanya heads to my desk as the clock ticks 8:00. At Livonion we don't have bells to signal when classes begin or end. It's supposed to teach us responsibility…or is it knowing how to tell time?

Our teacher, Mrs. Elk, strides in. She fit the name just right. She's a rather large woman, no offense to her, but I think I have the right to describe her as so since it appears she uses two belts welded together as one. Mrs. Elk is a nice woman, although strict when it comes to ethics and morals. Oh, and following the rules…which is why I will most likely be forced back to my assigned seat in approximately fifteen minutes.

But that's fifteen more minutes of being away from the beautiful boy.

"It seems," Mrs. Elk announces, checking her roster, "we have a new student in today. Ah, yes. Wintar Cammin?"

Cammin? That did not sound Asian at all.

"Would you like to introduce yourself to the class?"

"Sure."

I hunch my shoulders and grimace. His voice was smooth and deep. Chilling. No, hot. But chilling.

I hear a chair push out slowly. I tell myself not to look, but curiosity gets the better of me and I turn my head around.

My head screams. He is indefinably good-looking…and beautiful. I feel my eyes widen and I stare.

"My name is Wintar Cammin. I was born in Korea and then moved to Italy. I moved to America in hopes that I can continue my schooling at a university here."

Wintar looks around the room and smiles.

"Are you half?" Tanya asks before he gets a chance to sit down.

All the girls in class seem to be mesmerized by him. Including me…but in a much different light.

Wintar is surprised by Tanya's boldness. "Yeah. My father is Italian and my mother is Korean."

There are whispers of awe around the room.

Wintar sits back down and I stare at him, not blinking. His skin looks so incredibly smooth. I wonder what moisturizer he uses. His eyes are innocent and large and his nose is thin but sculpted just right. He has full lips and his hai—

"Lira." Mrs. Elk's voice snaps me back to attention. I whip around.

"Hi!" I greet her. Several people laugh in the room.

vandrophobiaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें