Six-year old Memories (oneshot)

Wintar's Memory: Don't Smile for the Camera

Flash!

"Okay, now please look this way…"

Flash!

"Beautiful!"

Flash!

Daddy is working today like he always does. He's a model! I get to come with him sometimes when Mommy goes traveling for work. And if I don't get into any trouble, Daddy says we can go to the park after he's done.

"Can someone fix his hair?" the photographer calls out.

The camera guy says that a lot. Actually, every time after he talks, there are always a lot of people that rush in and start doing stuff around Daddy.

I want to do that. What Daddy does. The nice people give you free food, too! And you get to sit a lot and do nothing. Whatever the camera man says, you just do. It looks like fun! Like Simon Says.

"Well aren't you a cute one!"

I turn and a really tall lady bends down and rubs my head. I smile widely. A lot of people say that! And I always like it.

The lady laughs gently. She puts both hands on my shoulders. "Why don't you try modeling?"

"I want to one day!" I tell her with a jump.

She laughs again and then looks at me closely. "You have really good skin for such a little one!"

I grin again. I put my hands behind my back and start rocking on my heels.

"Oh, but you'll have to stand still if you want to model," says the lady.

I immediately stop. My smile disappears and my normal expression returns.

"Oh, much better!" the lady suddenly says. "You have such an innocent look with those large brown eyes!"

I nod.

"Come," says the lady and I let her take my hand.

We walk up to the cameraman and she starts talking really fast. I look around and everyone is looking at me. My Daddy comes over and picks me up. I start giggling.

"What are you doing over here?" he says with a large smile.

"I'm going to model!" I tell him and I raise my hands into the air.

The lady who took me over finishes talking and before I know it, Daddy has put me down in the middle of all these lights!

I look around. It's really big…and really bright.

"Look over here!" the cameraman says calmly.

I look over and stare into the wide lens. So big…

Flash!

"Look that way," says the cameraman and he points to the left.

Flash!

I start giggling. This is fun!

Flash!

I start running around and laughing now. I pose for the camera with a Bruce Lee pose. He's really cool. But there are no more flashes.

My smile fades and I begin to walk towards the cameraman.

Flash!

Huh?

Flash!

My Daddy suddenly scoops me up again.

"That was really good!" he tells me happily. "Did you like it?"