Chapter 5 "Game"

Amoret's pov

"Amoret, this is Leo Castillo Jr," my father introduces. I smile extending my hand out to shake my green eyed fiancé. I must admit, the rumors I heard were definitely not far from the truth at all. Castillo Jr is a very handsome man and has a very muscular body to compliment his appearance.

"Nice to finally meet you," his deep voice says as he shakes my hand. His grip is strong, but not to the point to hurt me in anyway. The way his eyes are locked with mine is very intimidating I must admit. Definitely, something different I've never encountered before.

Leo's pov

"The pleasure is mine," Amoret smiles as I take the time to examine her blue eyes. A tint of green is mixed within her blue. I must say, her eyes are very captivating.

"We should let this two get to know one another," my father utters from the back as he signals Romanov and his men to follow him to the balcony. Romanov nods in agreement and gives Amoret permission to be alone with me, which I find odd considering she isn't underage to be this obedient.

I watch as everyone leaves us alone, which I find myself rolling my eyes mentally for being left alone with my so called fiancé this early in the evening.

"So were you forced too or what?," I find myself bluntly asking.

Amoret looks at me with such amusement as she thinks for a bit on how to respond, "This is already going to be a failed marriage. Since my future husband feels forced."

"Are you telling me you went into this with free will and pure excitement?," I raise a brow.

"Would you believe if I said yes?," Amoret flirtatiously responds as she softly smiles.

"Honestly, I find it quite hard to believe due to you never seeing me before," I truthfully answer.

"I definitely understand your perspective. But I live on having faith that things will turn out for the greater good," Amoret explains as she signals me to follow behind her.

As I decide to follow her lead, I can't help, but overlook at her calm behavior towards our mafia families and this fastened engagement. It's as if she's all for it, which bothers me a bit. How can any normal person be so accepting of an arranged marriage? My mother and father raised me on love. Of course, my father has always been strict on me and very demanding in my grooming to one day take his position when he steps out. But I know he loves me and means well.

Therefore, this arranged marriage is not one bit setting on me. I understand it's all for a bigger purpose for my family, but it's still a hard pill to swallow in all honesty. I guess I'm trying to see if this female feels the same, but clearly she's weird.

Amoret and I step out into the garden full of colorful flowers, which catch her attention. I watch as she observes them with such tenderness.

"So tell me about your family Leo," she says as she observes other flowers around the garden. This catches me off guard due to the type of family I come from and well the type of person who's asking.

"My parents have a loving and happy marriage that made my sister and I. That's all you have to know,"I coldly respond. This makes Amoret look back at me with a confused face expression, "You're a rude one aren't you?," she grumbles.

"How was I rude?"

"I'm not doing that," Amoret mutters as she walks past me and into the premises leaving me alone in the garden, which I thought I would never accomplish.

"Way a go," Rios utters as he comes into view from the other side of the garden.

"I tried," I simply say.

"Not one bit"

"I don't want this," I truthfully say.

"I know little Leo, but we need you. Your father needs you to do this," Rios reminds.

"Why marriage though?," I roll my eyes.

"It's the confirmation of alliance between two mafias. I mean if you can get that girl to convert then hell that could make things much more to your convenience," Rios says as he lights up a blunt.

"She's fucking weird."

"All women are," Rios smirks.

"Is that why you're solo?"

"I have my love interests here and there, but one thing I don't do is commit," Rios inhales then exhales handing me the blunt for me to hit.

"Why is that?"

"I just never met anyone worth it I guess," Rios shrugs.

"Well if you want to take Amoret be my guest," I chuckle causing Rios to chuckle as well.

-
-

The rest of the evening, I managed to ignore Amoret. Hearing her speak so calmly about everything really made me feel uncomfortable. But before the night ends, I do owe it to my family to start gathering information. After all, the faster I can get this job done. The faster I regain my old life back.

Seeing Amoret talking to another guy. I decide to approach her. "Amoret," I murmur catching their attention. As soon as the other guy sees me he excuses himself immediately.

"What do you want?," Amoret blankly responds.

"Now who has an attitude," I say.

"I talked to your father about your behavior," she carelessly says completely turning my stomach upside down within a blink of an eye.

"You did what?," I murmur.

"Leo Jr," I hear from behind already wanting to wrap my hands around Amoret's throat. Amoret smirks sending a wink my way before she excuses herself.

As I turn around already knowing the brown eyes that's ready to let me have it. I can't help, but think this Russian bitch is feisty. I definitely underestimated her.

"I thought I made myself clear about our motives?," my father murmurs as he signals me to follow him.

"Yes, you did," I simply reply.

"So what is it I hear from your fiancé?"

"She weirded me out with the whole calmness of this entire thing."

"The same way you're playing, so is she. Never let females fool you son," my father sternly says as he comes to a halt.

"What do you mean?," I crease my dark brows not really understanding his point.

"The same way we have our motives, so do the Romanovs. I'd be a fool to think it's all in good business. They want something," my father explains as he instantly watches Romanov and his men enjoy the night before he continues on, "So don't be a fool to think Amoret isn't like her father. For all we know, she's playing the game."

I process everything my father just explained to me. He's right, Amoret can be playing this game just like how I'm going to play. It all makes sense, to her behavior about this sudden engagement. I watch as Amoret grabs a drink from the waiter and lightly sips it. She then glances at me giving me a smirk.

I stand still not showing any emotions to her. As she smirks at me then looks away all I can think is two can play this game.

Let the best one win.