Chapter 29 "Speak"

I stand in front of the window just watching the rain drop down from the sky and hit the ground. At the same time there's chatter behind me between the doctor, Kira, and underboss. However, I break away from them and focus elsewhere.

I've always liked the rain for it's cleanse of the Earth. Of course rain is dangerous when driving on the road and what not. However, the fresh wet dirt and concrete has always brought such bliss to me. Seeing plants, trees, rocks, and all of the world freshly bathed is beautiful. Rain cleanses the world. If only it could cleanse me.

"Amoret," I hear Kira say as my attention breaks away from the gloomy rainy view from this window.

"Time to go," she adds as I lock eyes with her. I haven't really spoken to her or anyone today. Kira has tried talking to me, but I just don't want to talk. If it was up to me I would be alone somewhere where no one can find me. However, this hospital won't discharge me if I don't have someone to care for me.

"The pain medication?," I ask knowing this will be the only thing to help me get through this recovery that's ahead of me.

"All here," Kira reassures as she shows me the brown bag which contains all the drugs I'm subscribed to take. I nod at her as I begin to walk towards the exit. It's hard to walk my body aches and it's extremely sore with each movement all over.

"Walk slow," underboss murmurs as he stands besides me. I don't say anything wanting to keep distance from him.

It's what's best for us.

-
-

"Why are we here?," I question Kira as I glare at her. I specifically told her what I wanted after getting discharged from the hospital. Therefore, for us to be standing outside of underboss's home is boiling my blood. This just makes things more complicated.

"I know you're angry with me right now, but trust me it's what is safer," Kira responds. After the hospital underboss went to his family's home as we were driven by one of his men. I thought we were being dropped off at a hotel as flights were being put in place, but I guess I was wrong.

"What are you taking about? The war is over," I say. I watch as Kira's eyes drop down to the floor becoming silent. This instantly makes my brows crease in confusion.

"There's something you must know," she mumbles a bit nervously as she looks at me. With this I begin to feel a bit ill to my stomach.

"Please tell me he's dead," I firmly say.

"I'm sorry to say this, but he's out there somewhere. He wasn't there that night," Kira responds as she intently watches me. This news hits me like a thousand knives hitting my chest and stomach all at once. I've lost the ability to speak as I remain frozen feeling more unbalanced than I already feel.

I begin to feel complete warmth take over my body as I want to vomit at the same time. My breathing becomes irregular and heavy. My hands feeling shaky and my heart beat becomes very loud. I feel dizzy wanting to feel some kind of coldness to cool down this hot flash that is taking over.

"Amoret are you okay?," Kira worriedly asks as she grabs me seeing my legs wanting to give out. I don't say anything experiencing an anxiety episode that is quickly on the verge of becoming a full panic attack if I don't hold myself together. I walk away hurriedly as I enter inside underboss's home. Walking straight to the kitchen I throw water on my face with my hand and wet the back of my neck. Afterwards, I go to the living room turning on the fan I place in front of me feeling the cool breeze. I want to cry from how bad I'm feeling, but I try my best to focus on my breathing.

Anxiety is no joke.

"You need to open up about what happened in there," Kira sternly says as she observes me. Hearing her say that makes me want to scream, but I just can't speak.

"Graudyn did something didn't he?," Kira asks.

"Stop," I warn feeling my body tense up.

"What the fuck did he do?," she adds frustratingly.

"I'm fucking okay," I angrily scold feeling my throat become tight as my arms feel shaky more than before.

"No you're not. Something happened I can tell by how you're behaving. What did Graudyn do to you Amoret? Speak the fuck up. Don't be a coward," Kira scolds back. And just like that this sets me over the edge no longer being able to bury this deep inside me. My body explodes of all emotions. Anger, sadness, depression, fear, hopelessness, and embarrassment.

"He fucking raped me Kira. Not once, but many times over and over again," I shout angrily as my voice begins to break no longer being able to hide anymore.

"He fucking what?," a deep voice utters causing Kira and I to look towards the door of the entryway. Underboss stands with the most angry pained expression I've seen on him as he looks at me.

This causes me to break down even more. Repeating that Graudyn raped me to how he broke me every time he got on top of me.

Underboss immediately makes his way to me as he wraps his arms around me

Underboss immediately makes his way to me as he wraps his arms around me. I sob uncontrollably as I break down within his arms. The images, touch, and every breathe of what Graudyn did to me replays in my mind as it always does. I want these to go away and never come back. I want to forget what happened to me. I want Graudyn dead for what he has done.

I want my life and body back.

I want myself back.

As I continue to sob underboss murmurs, "I promise you baby I'm going to kill that mother fucker with my bare hands."

Author's Note:

Yesterday was the USA Starbucks 2021 holiday collection launch. For those that may not know, I collect Starbucks studded, grids, and jeweled cups that I really love of course.

Anyone a starbucks collector? If so, did y'all hunt yesterday? How it go for y'all?

Mine was hectic, but I got what I wanted. The red jeweled venti, dark tealish/green jeweled venti, icy white studded venti, and the icy white stud ornament/keychain.