~15~

TrisPOV
Two years later
Aptitude test day

It's been almost two years since I last saw Tobias. I missed him so much and still do but not as much. Yes, I said I would never forget him, and I haven't, but love starts to fade when you haven't seen them in forever.
I also continued to be called Beatrice. Since there was no one to call me Tris, the nickname was soon forgotten.
After a few months I had started to withdraw back into my shell, becoming quiet, obedient, and shy. With no one to break the rules for, I played by the rules.
I did have friends but few. I much preferred being left alone.
Now, I take the bus on the way to the Aptitude test, Caleb beside me.
"Hey, are you okay?" He leans over after seeing my solemn face.
I shake my head a little, trying to clear it but the wrenching feeling in my gut stays,"Fine."
He raises an eyebrow,"Are you—"
      "Yes, fine." I snap.
      His eyes widen slightly but he holds his tongue.
Once there, we sit quietly at the Abnegation table. Everyone's quiet, staring down. Some try to make small talk with their neighbors but the conversation soon dies.
The loudest table in the room are the Dauntless. They stomp their hands and feet, shout at each other, start laughing hysterically, make stupid faces etc.
The Amity are all jokes and giggles. They play cards, laugh, play patty cake. Always having a smile on their face.
The Erudite are pretty quiet. Fake glasses, on crooked noses, stuck in boring books. If they are talking to each other they use large hand gestures and make smart ass comments.
The Candor are probably second loudest. Making loud conversation, unafraid to speak their mind. Some of them arguing over the most stupid stuff.
After awhile my name is finally called. I walk to a Dauntless woman holding the door open for me. It takes me a second to recognize her but I do.
"Tori?"
She glares at me but plays it off,"Take a seat, make yourself comfortable."
I look at her in confusion but sit on the chair anyway.
Without a word she sticks two electrodes on my temples.
My hands start tremble and my words come out shaky,"Is Tobias—"
"Alive and well, don't worry." She winks then becomes serious.
      She leans forward, whispering into my ear,"Cameras everywhere, watch what you say."
      Without further ado she hands me a vial of clear liquid,"Bottoms up."
      I take all in one sip.
      Everything becomes fuzzy then goes black.