~7~

TobiasPOV

I can't believe I did that. I kissed Beatrice Prior. Well, on the cheek but still.
I pace inside my room, excitement flooding through my veins. I know what the community would say, you're too young to date and she's two years younger than you. What does age matter?
"Tobias, what're you doing up?"
Marcus walks, more like stumbles, into the room.
"Couldn't sleep." I answer shortly.
"Why're you all dressed?"
Damn it.
"Oh, I, uh, fell asleep like this."
"But you said you couldn't sleep."
"I did, kinda. It was more like a half asleep thing."
He narrows his eyes,"Whatever. I'm going to bed and you should too."
I stomps out of the room.
Now that was a close one.
I yawn, suddenly feeling the tiredness hit me. I change and snuggle under the thin blankets.

. . .

Bright light streams through my blinds. I sit up and stretch. I dress and head downstairs.
Unsurprisingly, Marcus is still asleep, thank goodness.
I grab some eggs and milk from the fridge and begin to make scrambled eggs. I scoop some on my plate but leave enough for Marcus to have when he gets up. He would probably get all angry if he sees that I have food and he doesn't.
I fill up a cup of water and sit down on table with my eggs. After, I sit in my room and study. School continues tomorrow and I have to turn in homework. Luckily, today is our day off.
My eyes scroll through the paragraphs but I don't take in a word of it. My mind is thinking about an excuse to leave the house to go see Tris.
I groan when I realize I've went through three pages and didn't take in a word of it.

TrisPOV

The warm morning sun kisses my skin as I sit on the swings of the hidden park. I had already turned in my homework so today I can do whatever I want. I was hoping to meet Tobias here but, knowing he doesn't have telepathic abilities, I hadn't expected him to be here.
I slowly swing back and forth with a steady rhythm. The sun is obscured by a cloud, casting a cooling shade over me. Not long after that I feel a water droplet hit my head. It is followed by more. Soon it is pouring down buckets of rain.
I jump up and leave the park. I start running home. Well, that was a bad idea. I slip and close my eyes, preparing for hard concrete to connect with my face, but it doesn't come.
"W—what?"
I look up and see Tobias, hands around my waist, keeping me from falling.
"Smooth Tris."
I smile at him repeating my words from last night.
He picks me up and carries me, bridal style, to my house. He sets me down and knocks on the door. Mom answers and beckons us inside. She runs upstairs to grab towels.
"How're you able to escape?"
It's always the same question.
"Told Marcus I needed to return to you a book I borrowed." He answers.
I smile,"Smart."
He looks back at me, something unknown in his eyes.
"Listen, at the Choosing Ceremony I don't think I can stay in Abnegation."
It takes me a minute for my brain to realize the change in topic.
"Look, that's two years from now. You don't have to make a decision now." I put my hand on his arm.
"But I don't want to leave you."
I grin at the sweet comment.
"Don't worry about me. I'm okay and I've got awhile to think about where I want to be and so do you."
He smiles,"Thanks for the reassuring words."
"Anytime."
"I've got towels." Mom comes marching in with gray towels in her hands.
"Thank you Mrs. Prior but I've got to go home and I don't want to waste one of your towels." Tobias says.
"Oh, it's no trouble. Here. Are you sure you'll be okay?" Mom questions.
"I'll be fine, thank you."
He grabs a towel and throws it over his head.
"See you later Tris."
Then disappears into the rain.