"I'm reading right here, the corner of Clayton and Finley street." He says while looking down at an Ashbourne map, transitioning his hand holding the phone to placing it in the crook of his cheek and shoulder so he had the free hand to point at the spot he was talking about.

Briar started to reach out and play with his ear, pulling at it and giggling as he kept talking on the phone and didn't seem to even realize she was doing it.

"Yeah, yeah I need them up there an hour before commencement." He says while I walked over to the fridge and took out orange juice from the pitcher, pouring myself a small glass before putting it back.

"Okay well get it in order then!" He shouted more into the device against his ear, Briar not even phased.

I watched his back as he looked down at the papers on the wooden table, head cocked to the side to hold the phone on his shoulder. His inked arm was latched around Briar, his back empty of any tattoos. I walked up behind him with my juice and took it upon myself to press a soft kiss to the centre of his back between his shoulder blades.

Stop teasing yourself.

He turned around and grabbed the phone from his shoulder and held it to his ear again, but leaning forward to kiss my forehead.

"Yeah, that's what I said." He spoke into the phone with attitude. "Just call me back when you have that shit in order, we are running out of time here." He shook his head, ending the phone call.

"Hi, sorry." He put the phone down and looks at me with a more softer tone.

"Rough morning?" I asked.

"Just tying up the loose ends." He murmurs while rubbing his eyes with his one free hand.

"Ah." I nodded. "Who was that guy you mentioned?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his brows down at me, searching my eyes for an answer. "Oh! Ethan?" He asked.

"Yeah, who is that?"

"The guy that's making our lives an living hell." He said to my surprise.

"I'm guessing he's apart of Salvation?"

"Well he's the leader of Salvation now apparently. I've never seen his bloody face but he's the guy that's been out to get us since Briar was like six months old. He used to rule a gang called Deception after my father did but Louis ended up poisoning 80% of that gang, so then who was left went over to Salvation." He spilled all out but I was stuck on so many things.

"Okay wait wait," I shut my eyes and stop him. "First off, you've never even have seen this guy? And what do you mean your dad?" I had to get some things clear.

"Yeah the little bitch has never shown his face for his own protection apparently. I don't know his age, hair colour, nothing. So that's the one thing good about this fight, I'll get to be the one to put a bullet through his skull hopefully." He explains half of my question.

"Okay so he hides in the shadows, what about your dad?" I repressed.

"Oh, well he lead a gang and whatnot to try and destroy me in punishment of getting him set to jail when I was a kid but I eventually killed him so it's no big deal." He rambles all out so casually, like what he just said was a grocery list.

"You killed your father?" I couldn't help but gasp.

"With a rock if you want details." He shrugged but I was still confused by all of this.

"But how— Why wo—"

"Let's go sit down." He says while taking my hand with Briar in the other arm and walking to the living room. He leads and directs me to sit down on the couch, placing Briar on her feet but holding onto the coffee table so she was standing. She looked at the television to see the cartoons playing, hypnotized by it. He sat down himself facing me, turning his head to meet eyes again.