Chapter 20

3rd P.O.V

Previously...

“How will I turn my body to blood”, I asked. Ravena’s face became sorrow.

“You must eat one of my scales and drink half a cup of my blood”, Ravena said, her gaze locked firmly on the ground.

“But Rav, I didn’t have to do that”, S.J said, her eyes wide with absolute shock, “How come-”

“You’re third generation, Sapphire. The lacrima implanted into you took care of this part of the process”, Ravena snapped, cutting off S.J, “You two are not my first students. You’re my second and third. When S.J and Em father asked me to train S, I accepted. On one condition, that he have the lacrima implanted. When this part of the process started with my first student, he didn’t survive the power my dragons blood gave him. It turned his blood to poison and burned him from the inside out till there was nothing left of him”

There was silence. S.J and I couldn't believe our ears, we look at Ravena, hoping that it was just a joke.

The three of us stood there for what felt like hours. I felt as if I could feel the world spinning beneath me.

Ravena’s face showed no hint of amusement. Her eyes were dull, her bright red eyes turned dark purple, matching her other eye. She looked between S.J and I, her eyes glossed over, trapped in the memory of all those years ago.

I recognized that look. Salamander had the same look when Lis died.

“Then why did you agree to teach me”, I whispered, the sound of my voice cutting through the thick silence like a butchers knife.

“I chose to take the risk because-”, Ravena’s voice cracked. It shocked S.J. In all the years Ravena mothered her, not once did she ever look this scared, this broken.

S.J walked over and clung to her mother. Ravena is my mother, whether she birth to me or not, she’s still my mother, S.J though as so gripped the fabric of Ravena’s shirt.

Bixlow smiled at the sight in front of him, but his curiosity was still burning a bright flame.

Ravena stood up and kept one arm around S.J. She smiled at Bixlow, beckoning him to come to her with her now free hand.

Bixlow slowly walked over to his teacher. She placed her arm around his shoulders and pulled him into a hug. Bixlow smiled as he rested his head on her shoulder.

“You asked why I agreed to teach you”, Ravena said, her voice was soft and motherly, “I chose to teach you for two reasons Bixlow. One, I can see the potential in you. I know you will survive this phase of training. Number two, you remind me of my son”

“Your son”, Bixlow and S.J yelled, pulling away from Ravena.

“Yes, my son was Makarov’s brother-in-law, Diana’s brother. Layla’s uncle”

“What exactly happened”, S.J asked, taking the words right from Bixlow’s thoughts.

“I fell in love with a human. Levi Harper. Diana’s father, Lucy and Laxus’ great grandfather. At the time I didn’t have a key. I could travel from the dragon realm to earth land at my own will. I enjoyed being in earth land, ten years I lived in earth land before meeting Levi. Two years past and we married, ten months later we had our son. He looked just like the both of us. My hair and nose, his father's lips and eyes.

Lucifer, named after one of the seven kings of hell. The king of pride. He was our pride and joy. Levi knew about me being a dragon. He proposed the idea of teaching Lucifer dagon slayer magic. Levi was a dragon slayer himself, the lightning dragon slayer. He was taught by Thunder, much like Laxus is being taught now.

When Lucifer turned seven I began the basics. Much like I did with the two of you, awakening his iner senses. When he was ten, I gave him one of my scales and ¼ cup of my blood. He was septical, I didn’t and don’ blame him. Non the less he ate and drank what I had given to him.

He seemed fine the rest of the day. We left him alone to go to bed. Levi and I woke up to him screaming bloody murder. There he was, my baby boy rapidly dying and there was nothing I could do about it.

We were devistated. Five years we greaved. Then one day I found I was pregnat with Diana. I swore she would NOT be a dragon slayer. Levi’s sister was a celestial mage. With the permission of the dragon queen and the power from Linda we created the dragon keys.

I stayed in the drragon realm and stayed out of my daughter life. It feeled my wih joy as I watch Diana get married, grew her magic and had two kid. It scared the crap out of me when Lucy found our keys. She found Ignee, Metalicana, Grandeeney, Thunder Ripley and myself. When her father found out, he ordered Layla to open our gates. That’s how, S.J, your father found me”

S.J and Bixlow listened to Ravena’s story, all three of them jumped in surprise when a voice said;

“Why wasn’t I told any of this”

A/N sorry, this a bit of a fill in chapter, but I hope you enjoyed.