Chapter 5

3rd P.O.V

The seven wizards sat in silence. Laxus was debating on whether he should ask the ravenette about who her cousin was and about the job she said she stole.  Freed noticing Laxus expression decided to asks the two young girls himself.

"Excuse me, S.J, you said you have a cousin who is a dragon slayer, what is his name", Freed asked. S.J look towards the green haired man.

"My cousin is the shadow dragon slayer of Sabertooth, Rogue Cheney", S.J replied in a monotone, as if she's had to repeat it hundreds of times.

"Rouge is your cousin", Lucy asked, shock plastered across the blonde's face. S.J just nodded, looking back out the window.

"Blue eyes, you also said you stole a job, how'd you get ya hands on it", Bixlow asked.

"I took off the request board", she replied, "oh, and before you get any more smart ideas, I suggest you don't call me anything other than my name"

Em rolled her eyes at her sister. "You'll have to excuse her, she has a hard time trusting people after what our father did to do to us"

"What did your father do", Evergreen asked in a soft tone. Em, look at S.J, silently asking for permission to tell them. S.J gave a small nod, not even having to look at her younger twin.

"When we turned 15 our father sold us to someone from the Fuentes family, he used to beat us. S.J took most of the beatings, she tried to protect me as much as possible. When our father found out that S.J wasn't acting like a submissive slave, he.... he killed our mother. Even after that, S.J never gave up trying to protect me. Two years we suffered, a little over a year ago, S.J killed our ' Master' ", Em explained. Tears ran down her face, Evergreen and Lucy were crying, Bixlow and Laxus jaws where clenched, and Freed was looking at the ground, his bangs covering his face.

"That's enough Em, it's in the past", S.J said, her voices strained. Freed snapped his head up, look at the girls in front of him.

"How can you act as if it's nothing, your father is nothing but a bastard", Freed exclaimed. S.J looked at him, her eyes red, she looked as if she was going to cry.

"My father was a good for nothing bastard, he killed my mother, took my niece away, he sold me as if I were a prize, I don't act like it's nothing, But what am I supposed to do now? It's in the past, dwelling on it won't help", S.J snapped, "But, I can be thankful he gave me life"

S.J broke down, sobbing. Freed stood from his seat and sat between Em and S.J. Putting an arm around both girls he slid them closer, pressing them to either side of him.

"You're safe now, I promise you that"

S.J nodded, lifting her head from Freed's chest.

"Thank you"

"Of course"

"Where is your father now", Laxus asked. Both girls shrugged. 'That was no help', Laxus thought. Suddenly Evergreen gasped.

"What's wrong Ever", Bixlow asked

"Did you say you're from the Black family", Ever asked, again both girls nodded, "I just read in Sorcerer Weekly that Lepus Black died"

"He's dead", Em asked, her eyes wide. The girls looked at each other before jumping up, out of Freed's embrace, and hugged each other.

"He's dead"

The five Fairy Tail wizards smiled. Happy to see their new friends happy despite the news.