Chapter 40

Lucy's P.O.V

I slowly opened my eyes, the warm rays of sunlight light up the guildhall in the early morning.

"Why does it have to be so bright", I grumbled.

"It's a thing called day sweetheart"

"I'm so hungover I can't even tell who's being a smartass right now"

"Try Rip darling", Ripley chipped.

"Rip", I said quietly.

"What's up"

"Fuck off and let me sleep", I growled, turning to my other side.

"Now, now darling, that's no way for a proper young lady to speak", Rip scolded playfully.

"Rip", Laxus' voice said somewhere from my right, "Lucy doesn't even know the words proper and Lady"

"You can fuck off too ya airhead", I mumbled, burying my head into my arm.

"I heard that", Laxus grumbled.

"How about you both shut up, I'm hungover, I have a headache and it's too early in the morning to be acting like little bitches"

"New rule, don't get Jay drunk. She's even more of a demon than usual", Laxus mumbled.

"Heard that"

"You were meant to"

'Why do I have to put up with these people. I think I'm losing brain cells, I thought as I listened to Laxus and S.J bicker' 

"Morning cheerleader"

"Hey, when did you wake up", I asked, turning my head to look at Bixlow.

"Just now. Are you aware your hair shines gold when the morning sun hits it", he asked, playing with the ends of my hair.

I rolled my eyes and smiled, "Yes, you've told me before"

"And I'll tell you again. You look like an angel"

"Too bad she's a demon", Thunder said.

"What the..."

I sat up to see Thunder laying half on top of the bar.

"Thunder, what are you doing", Rip asked, looking at his "he's not my boyfriend" boyfriend.

"Currently, I'm trying not to vomit and I'm also trying not to fall off the countertop"

I huffed and looked back at Bixlow only to see Wendy awake behind him holding a finger to her lips. I raised my eyebrow at her but she just shook her head. She began to whirl her hand in a circular motion. My eyes widened as she created a little tornado-like whirl in her hand. She raised her hand behind her before thrusting it forward towards Thunder.

I turned just in time to see Thunder fall off of the bar's counter. 

"What was that", I asked, turning back to look at the blue head.

"Well, you weren't the only one who trained. I learned to manipulate the wind. To a degree anyway", Wendy explained, her face flushed.

"No need to be embarrassed little sky. Grandeeney would be proud of you", Igneel said.

"When did you wake up", Bixlow asked, looking at the redhead.

"In time to see your sickly sweet exchange", Igneel deadpanned.

"I think Igni needs somebody", Happy said as he hovered over Igneel's head.

Igneel just looked up before letting out a little huff. I watched as that little huff reached Happy's tail before promptly setting it on fire.

"FIRE! FIRE! I'M ON FIRE", Happy screeched, waking the whole guild up.

"Did someone say fire", Macko slurred.

"Quik, someone, where's Juvia"

"Juvia", someone shouted, "Get Happy"

"Hurry"

I watched as everyone around run like headless chickens trying to put of the fire on Happy's tail.

"Igneel. What did you do", I asked.

"Well my dear, I woke everyone up it would seem", Igneel said, his face held nothing but a shitface girn.

I rolled my eye at him and continued to watch the chaos.

"I've missed this place"

SUPRISE