XVI | Suspicion Confirmed

Start from the beginning

The swallow's nest was indeed given by Mrs. Williams... when he was downstairs, he had suspected, but he needed a confirmation from Isabelle, besides, she mentioned that she didn't have trouble sleeping.

Just then, a wild thought entered his mind. He wasn't sure if it was true, but ever since he was young, he didn't have a good relationship with Mrs. Williams, hence he might be over thinking.

Alexander remained silent, nodding towards Isabelle before replying causally, "Oh..."

"Yea," Isabelle agreed faintly, not knowing how to continue.

Silence fell on the room. Isabelle continued to drink her milk, and when she finished, Alexander reached out his arm to take cup. He then removed the pillow she had used for back rest, then faintly said, " Sleep."

Isabelle didn't reply, she laid down silently and shut her eyes. She could vaguely feel Alexander standing by the door, looking down at her for a while before leaving the room.

Alexander placed the empty cup in the kitchen basin and retrieved a paper towel to wipe his wet hands. Instead of returning to the bedroom, he walked to the side of the kitchen to send his assistant a text, [Come to York Garden.]

After less than a minute, his assistant replied. Alexander placed the phone back into his pocket and returned to the bedroom as though nothing had happened.

Isabelle laid on the bed, seemingly asleep. He switched off the main lights, leaving only a tiny night light on, then walked to the edge of the bed and covered her with a blanket before dimming the night light, after which he walked to the balcony.

Isabelle was still awake. The bedroom was silent, and even though Alexander had tried to keep quiet, she could still hear and sense him when he was close, or when he had walked away. When he had tucked her in, her entire body was tensed up. After a seemingly long time, she finally entered deep sleep.

Alexander's phone vibrated, and when he reached for it, he saw a text from his assistant. He looked out the window and saw a car arriving. He turned, then before leaving the room, he took one last look at Isabelle.

Downstairs, he walked to the kitchen and removed a bottle of bird's nest before walking out of the house.

His assistant was already waiting for him.

Deep in the night, there was barely any sound. Alexander placed his finger on his lips to signal for his assistant to keep quiet as he led them away from the house.

Only when they reached the outside of the front yard did Alexander stop. He passed the bottle of swallow's nest over to his assistant and instructed, "Check the contents. Remember to find a trustworthy doctor and don't let anyone find out, inform me immediately when the results are out."

~*~

In the past, Isabelle would feel weak and exhausted whenever she was on her period, but it was never as bad as she was feeling right now, it was as though she was having a grave illness.

Her entire body was lifeless and weak, and she spent a huge amount of time in deep sleep. Every time she woke up, Alexander would be in the room, either giving her drinks or feeding her meals.

Initially, she had been confused by his warm and caring act and didn't know how to react, but gradually, she got used to him.

After about five days, she had planned to return back to filming, but the director received a call and pushed back the filming by two more days.

Alexander seemed to be on a long holiday. He didn't leave the house and would stay in the mansion with her. Even though Isabelle was still a little bothered by his actions on the day of his birthday, they still managed to have a peaceful relationship that wasn't as intimate as before.