Chapter 100 - Life With Brothers

Start from the beginning

"Will you stop it with Caleb, we're not dating and I haven't even spoken to him lately" I say as I walk past. "FYI, it was Joe, he's gonna beat all of us at Go-Karting" I tell him and walk away.

"We'll see about that" I hear him mutter.

"Dad, Joe said he'll be here within an hour" I call to Zak.

Eventually Joe arrives and we get off to Go-Karting.

"Zak, my phone battery is low" Tommy complains.

"Stop using it then" Rhydian says.

"I was talking to Zak, unless you've swapped identities for the day" Tommy points out. That was a nice comeback.

"I don't have a charger, but you could do with a break from it anyway, you shouldn't be attached to it all the time" Zak says as we arrive. He parks the car and we get inside.

"So where has Aaron gone?" Joe asks as we get ready.

"Not sure, I don't need to know anyway, I just said I'd have the boys" Zak answers.

"Now I bet he's wishing he didn't" I say, half joking.

"Just suit up Charlie" Zak says. "Tommy you are a lucky kid, just old enough and taller enough to have your own kart" Zak tells him.

"He won't win anyway" Rhydian says.

"You might not either" Joe points out to him.

We get in the karts and get secured, then our time starts, at first, Rhydian does take the lead, but then Joe overtakes him, then Zak does, Tommy then makes him crash so he ends up being last, he then makes me crash and overtakes Tommy, Zak crashes into a corner and is overtaken by us, in the end, Joe and Rhydian battle it out and end up coming joint 1st, then Tommy, myself and Zak is last.

"There's no way we're joint 1st" Rhydian growls.

"Deal with it little brother, at least you weren't last" Joe says as he ruffles Rhydians hair.

We get undressed from our gear and leave. I didn't realise that we've been here for nearly 3 hours.

"It's lunch time, can we go out to eat?" Tommy asks.

"Where do you want to go?" Zak asks.

"Pizza" Tommy jumps up. We all agree on pizza so Zak drives us to a pizza place. We get there and are seated straight away. I look around the restaurant and someone catches my eyes.

"Did you guys know that Caleb is over there?" I ask, mainly aiming the question at Zak.

"No, I haven't spoken to him for a bit" Zak answers. I notice he's sitting at a table for two, with two meals, then a lady walks over and sits down with him and he smiles.

"Caleb has got himself a girlfriend, oooohh" Rhydian says, a little loud. Loud enough that Caleb looks over and sees us. I quickly form a smile on my face as he gives us a little wave.

"I hope he's happy" I say, questioning myself to why I didn't sound happy when I said that.

"Don't be jealous, I'm sure he still likes you, he just loves someone else now" Rhydian tries to tease.

"I'm going to punch you in a minute, you do realise how old we are, if she is his girlfriend then it'll be good for him" I say.

"Hey, chill out, we're 16 soon, in England you can see who you want at that age" He says.

"But we're not in England, Rhydian, we're in America, the laws are different here, we're minors until we're 21" I point out to him.

"I don't think the law stops many people from being secretive" He says.