Chapter 100 - Life With Brothers

"Charlie WAKE UP!" I hear a voice scream into my ear. I literally jump out of the bed in fear for my life, only to notice Rhydian in hysterics.

"What the heck is wrong with you? You nearly gave me a damn heart attack!" I shout as I have my hand on my racing heart.

"I tried to be nice about it the first time, you were mumbling 'Oh Caleb', and your lips were puckering" He laughs.

"I don't think so Rhyd, in fact I was having a nice dream of you failing your driving test, and myself passing" I tell him, half of that was true, I was dreaming of our driving test, but he passed and I failed.

"Yeah right, I'm a way better driver and you know it sister" He says.

"Just stay out of my way" I say as I leave my room and make my way downstairs with him following.

"Rhydian, is your sister awake?" I hear Zak calling.

"I'm a dead person walking" I answer for Rhydian. "Left me fearing for my life, literally" I add as I sit at the counter.

"Rhydian, I don't want any trouble from either of you today, you're twins, you're supposed to get along" Zak says placing breakfast in front of me.

"I'll get along with him when he stops acting like a total idiot" I say.

"Tommy, food" Zak calls. After a moment, Tommy walks through, eyes glued to his phone.

"I'm here" He mumbles as he walks into the counter. "Ouch!" He yelps as he rubs his elbow.

"Ok, give me the phone, you can have it after breakfast" Zak says holding his hand out.

"No, it's ok, I'm fine" Tommy says quickly.

"It wasn't an option, give me the phone" He then demands. Tommy sighs as he reluctantly gives Zak the phone.

"I'm telling Dad" Tommy says in a slight tantrum.

"You do that" Zak says, not bothered at all as he puts the phone into his pocket. "Were you guys like this before you moved here, back in England?" He questions.

"No, but our lives weren't exactly like how they are now" I answer.

"You'd think that with everything you 3 have been through that you'd get on better than any siblings on the planet" He says. He kinda has a point.

"So what are we doing today? Staying in?" Rhydian asks, sounding a little bored.

"I'm not letting you drive today" Zak tells him again adamantly.

"Whatever" Rhydian mumbles in response.

"Joe is coming over for a bit, and we might be going somewhere fun" Zak says with a grin forming on his face.

"Somewhere fun?" I question.

"Well, what do you guys think about Go-Karting?" Zak asks. All of our faces light up instantly.

"That's like driving, I'll take that" Rhydian says.

"Good, I think you 3 will enjoy it" Zak says confidently.

Once we finish breakfast, we all disappear to get dressed properly, except Zak, he is already good to go for the day. Once I'm dressed in my casual jeans and t-shirt, I decide to text Joe.

'Hey, Dad told me you're coming over today, and we're going go-karting, certainly cheered Rhydian up, see you in a bit' I send.

A moment later my phone buzzes.

'Yeah, can't wait to beat you all, tell Zak I'll be there within an hour' Joe replies.

"Charlie, quit texting Caleb, he loves you too" Rhydian says from outside the bathroom door. I finish sorting myself out and open the door, face-to-face with him.