Chapter 99 - Walkies With Gracie

"Charlie have you tidied your room yet?" Zak asks from another room.

"Nearly, I still don't see why my room needs tidying up, Tommy and Rhydian aren't sleeping in here" I point out as I put some rubbish in the bin.

"It needed tidying anyway, you are a mess maker" He says. I put some broken pens in the bin.

"I'm not that bad, moron" I mutter to myself.

"I heard that!" He says. I finish tidying my room and find him in one of the spare rooms.

"I'm done" I sigh.

"Have you had the vaccum cleaner in there?" He asks. Hoover. I shake my head no. "Go and vaccum it then, I'm almost done in here" He says as he sorts out the bed in the room.

"Fine" I sigh as I walk away.

Once I have hoovered the floor, I go and find Zak in the other spare room.

"Done?" He questions as he neatens up that room.

"Yep, I am finally 100% tidied in there" I say as I sit on the bed.

"Butt off the bed" He demands, I leap up from the bed and lean against the wall. "Hey, it's not like I always make you clean your room, but it was really messy" He says.

"Oh come on, it wasn't that bad" I say in my defence.

"You could barely see the floor, you had your floor-drobe, pens, paper, and god knows what else all over the place" He says.

"Well, it is all put away now" I say crossing my arms.

"Good, besides, you never know, the boys might want to hang out with you in there, play games or something" He points out.

"Dad, me and Rhydian are 15 now, not 6, Tommy is 13 and only interested in his phone" I point out.

"Charlie just go and get ready to take Gracie out for a walk" He sighs. "I'll be with you in a minute, I'm just finishing up here" He says as I walk off. I go downstairs and find Gracie chewing on a toy in her area.

"Hey Gray" I say as I sit with her and stroke her. She leaps up and jumps onto my lap and covers me in kisses. "Ok, ok, chill out" I laugh as I continue stroking her. She starts getting over excited as she pushes me backwards, I lay on my back with her on top of me licking over my face.

"Gracie, enough now!" Zak demands as he comes downstairs. She gets off me and runs over to him, he strokes her head. "Hey girl" He says.

"Gracie, come here girl" I say as I sit up and tap my legs.

"No, Charlie, I thought I told you to get ready to go for a walk?" He questions.

"You did" I answer.

"So why are you sitting on the floor without your shoes or jacket on?" He asks.

"I was playing with Gracie" I answer rather bluntly.

"Go and get ready, Aaron is dropping the boys in a couple of hours and I wanna get some energy out of Gracie" He explains.

"And then what are we, or you doing?" I ask.

"We may make a quick visit to the museum, see what is happening there" He says. I get up in put my shoes and jacket on.

"Ok, I'm ready now" I say.

"Could you get Gray ready please? I'll be with you in a second" He requests.

"Yeah I'll sort her out" I answer. I get her ready in her harness and lead. By the time she is ready, Zak appears, he puts his shoes and jacket on, he takes the lead from me and we leave.