Chapter 77 -Turn For The Worse

I've just left the hospital, I need to take a shower and shave, and get my haircut too, it's getting too long now, I can't live in a hat forever.

"Zak wait up" Joe calls after me outside of the hospital.

"What's up? Is Charlie ok? Why aren't you with her?" I ask starting to panic a little.

"No everything is fine, you may want this, you never know if something will happen while you're out" He says handing me my phone.

"Oh right, yeah it might help if I have it on me, thanks Joe, I'll be back soon" I say and head off. I get into my car and drive home. I get something to eat quickly, a sandwich and take a shower, after my shower I shave my face to how I should look, I get rid of my sideburns and hairy cheeks. I put on some clean clothes and put my dirty clothes in the wash. I check my phone, no missed calls or texts from anyone which is good. Time to go get a haircut before I start looking like Harry Styles with long hair, eww! I don't wanna look anything like that dude! I grab my keys and my phone, I go to my car and drive to the barbers that do my hair. I park my car outside and go in.

"Hey Zak, haven't seen you for a while" My barber says.

"Yeah I know, I've had a lot on, had no time" I say.

"Well you are definitely needing a trim man" He says, I sit in the chair.

"I've been living in my hat the last few days" I say.

"I don't blame ya, the usual?" He asks as he preps me.

"Yeah, you know what to do bro" I say.

"So why has it been so long? Been away filming for a while?" He asks as he waters my hair down.

"Not exactly, I've been at the hospital, Charlie is in a bad way" I say, I've told him a lot about her, she's among what I talk about when I get my haircut, other than Ghost Adventures and the guys.

"Oh crap, what's happened? Is she ok? Or gonna be?" He asks.

"I hope so, she was kidnapped and had a lot of seizures, she's been in a coma for a month now" I say.

"I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope she pulls through man" He says as he cuts my hair.

"It's cool, she's a fighter, I'm just terrified that she won't wake up, I haven't left her side since she was taken in" I say.

"I'm praying for you all" He says.

"Thanks, but at least she's not deteriorating" I say.

"I think if that were happening then you wouldn't be here now" He says.

"That is true, I mean, I've only just shaved, I had a right beard happening, sideburns, hairy cheeks, the lot" I say chuckling.

"So who's the bastard that took her in the first place?" He asks.

"His name is Devon, he's a troubled guy, lied about his age and that, started Charlie's school as a 15 year old and it turned out he's 19 and killed his mother and sister, he got with Charlie before we knew this and took her out of town, said they were gonna marry and have kids in a few years and he was gonna do bad things to them, but at the same time as being psycho, he seemed to care about her, he took us to her when we found him and seemed sorry about everything, but he's been arrested now, I don't know what will happen to him" I explain.

"Damn, that's messed up" He says. "How long was she gone for?" He asks.

"4 days, which isn't long thankfully but it isn't good either" I say.