Chapter 11: "Fugitive"

Old N-lo. Drawn by me.
I pulled my arm out of his grip.

"I didn't do it, Dad. I swear. That person on the TV's not me!"

He tried to grab my arm again, but I raised my arm quick enough that he managed to grab my wrist instead, but he pulled my wrist down which pulled my arm down.

"There's no way you didn't do it. Look at the TV again!"

He didn't believe me. I knew this would've happened! I pulled my wrist out of his grip.

"I DIDN'T DO IT!" I yelled. I had to get outta here. I started to walk past him again.

"DON'T LIE TO ME!" He yelled. He reached for my arm again, but I pulled it out of his grip.

"WHY WOULD I WHEN YOU RAISED ME THE WAY YOU DID?! YOU DON'T KNOW ME LIKE YOU THINK YOU DO, DAD! WHY WOULD I KILL SOMEONE, LET ALONE SOME RANDOM MAN ON THE STREET, HUH?! I'VE SAID MANY TIMES BEFORE THAT I WOULDN'T KILL ANYONE EVEN IF THEY DESERVED IT, SO WHY WOULD I GO BACK ON THAT NOW!?"

My Dad's eyes widened. Did he regret what he said?

I stared at him in anger.

Then his expression hardened, turning from surprise to anger.

"Now look, A-de-"

I cut him off.

"NO! I'M NOT GONNA STICK AROUND HERE ANY LONGER! YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME WHEN I TOLD THE TRUTH, AND YOU'RE NOT BELIEVIN' ME NOW! WHY SHOULD I STICK AROUND A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO DON'T BELIEVE THEIR OWN KID, HUH?! TELL ME! GIMME ONE GOOD REASON AS TO WHY I SHOULD STAY!" I yelled. 

I ran away from him and down the hall. I didn't care what he was gonna say. I didn't care if he replied to my question. All I knew was that I had to get out of the house.

I stopped. The rest of my family were standing there at the end of the hall.

I started walking towards them. I was gonna walk between them.

"Outta my way!" I said.

I walked between them but stopped when they called my name.

"Why did you-"

I turned around.

"For the last time, I DIDN'T DO IT!" I said, turning around to them.

"The TV doesn't lie, A-de." My brother said. I looked at him.

"Well, it's lyin' now." I said.

"But how can it be lying when that's you on the TV screen?" My sister asked.

I sighed. I wanted to escape. I really did.

But I decided to answer a few questions.

"Okay, there's something you should know. I never told you guys this, but there's another me in school. That's the other me on the screen." I said.

".....You got that from Yu-Gi-Oh!, didn't you?" My brother asked, narrowing his eyes.

"No! That's completely diff'rent! The host hides their Yami's and-oh, not now! Look, that's not me. That's an evil me. Someone's impersonating me and doing bad things while claiming that they're me when they're not, okay!? You'd understand better if you were me, I swear!" I said, turning around.

"But there can't be another you. Are you sure this isn't a doppelganger that you talked about a while back?" My Mom asked.

"Look, THAT MIGHT BE A DOPPELGANGER, BUT THERE'S TWO KINDS! ALL I KNOW IS THAT THAT'S NOT ME! THAT'S SOMEONE CLAIMING TO BE ME WHILE HURTING PEOPLE FOR THEIR OWN SAKE OF AMUSEMENT! THERE'S A DIFFERENCE!" I yelled.