anime gemelle - twin souls

Chapter Four:
Anime gemelle - twin souls

"hello?" A girl's voice interrupted us as we gazed into each other's eyes in silence. I lifted my head to look at the girl and Ellis does too. He gasped in surprise at the striking resemblance between us.
"Are you two looking for someone or something" she asked.
I'm not surprised that she doesn't know me even though we're close to identical.

I'm more surprised at how she's dressed. At how wealthy she looks and how comfortable she must be to walk around carrying a Vintage Chanel purse.

"El?" Before Ellis could say anything I spoke up.
"Just waiting for our Uber." I said wiping my eyes.

"They usually get lost in this area, try calling them. Alright then, Good luck." The girl said before opening the fence and walking into her home.

"She's like you but like -" Ellis started and I glared at him.
"If you say hotter, I'm going to leave you here to find your way."
This makes him laugh and pull me into his chest once more. Placing a lot of satisfying kisses on my head.
"I was going to say younger."

"Calling me old isn't doing you any favors either." I said and he sighs. I placed a kiss on his nose, cheering him up.
"I can't believe you came all the way here." I said quietly close to him, I could feel the heat radiating off his skin.
"I couldn't just let you go."

We were walking now, needing to find a cab to take us back to my hotel.
"Why didn't you introduce yourself to her?" Ellis asked and I shrugged.
"I don't want her to stress my mother out on my account. My mom is married now, she has upgraded status, the house her parents gave her has been turned into her dream house . She has a daughter she chose, a dog and her dream garden. Who am I to disrupt that." I said looking at my feet as we walked.
"You're her sister. You owe her as her elder to be some kind of compass in her life."

"It's better to not create a mess for selfish reasons."
"It's not selfish to want to know your sister. She walks around everyday with a part of you. She should know what that means for her."

"I don't owe her anything."

"Have you ever talk to a professional?" He asked and I responded.
"I've seen several professionals and yet I've never spoken to even one."
"I think you should try again." He said and I stopped walking.

"It doesn't work, I don't know how to talk to them." I said and Ellis stops too.
"Would you be able to if I was there?" He asked and I'm not sure but I'm willing to try.
"Maybe."

Ellis and I call a cab back to my dingy hotel room.
"Is this a dump?, I feel like it's a dump." I said opening  the door.
"It's not a dump." He says going straight to sit on the bed.

"There's definitely a smell. Which is a little unsettling."
"We should've just gone to your hotel instead."
"I didn't want to wake up and see that you were gone again. Didn't want to give you any option than to stay with me today." Ellis said. I could taste his honesty on my tongue.
"I could always just go downstairs and book another room." I said jokingly. His face twisted into a frown.
"Don't." He says.
" I was just joking."

I wondered if I'd ever had a boyfriend that honest. High school till now. It took most so long to even just say they missed me. Much less that they were afraid of me slipping away before they could wake up.