57 - An imposter

Ryan

Ryan got his surprise when her dress slid off her body. What stood before him was perfection. If he lived to be a hundred, he didn't think he would have his fill of her.

She had confided in him sex with her ex was unfulfilling, but Ryan loved her in a way that left no doubt he had completely satisfied her. He was feeling smug and completely sated, for the moment.

He woke with her head on his chest and her beautiful hair spray everywhere. He remembered the morning in her cottage when she thought she looked awful, but he thought she was the most beautiful sight he'd ever seen. That was before last night, first in the gown and then without it. In the morning light, he thought nude and bedhead may be the winner.

Unable to hold back, he kissed her hair. He smiled when she stirred. She could sleep at home, but he had plans for every minute they were together. When she looked at him and smiled, he thought his heart might explode out of his chest.

Then she shifted, so she was straddling him. "How did you know what was on the top of my to-do list today?"

"I was going to check the cucumber, but I don't think I need to. It's obvious. it's definitely firm."

"I might have decided I loved you the minute I saw that shriveled up cucumber."

"Clearly, I was mistaken." She laughed.

Ryan groaned. "I don't want to leave this bed, but neither of us ate much last night. I'm starving."

"Can I borrow a shirt?"

Ryan smiled and wondered what she'd do if he told her no. He knew she had absolutely nothing but her dress. He pulled a shirt out of his drawer and smiled as she smelled it.

"It's clean."

"I know, but it smells of you. I might steal it."

"You can have anything I own. You already stole my heart."

"Who the hell are you and what did you do with Ryan Harris?" She screamed as she slipped his shirt over her head.

Once out of the muted bedroom, it was bright and sunny. It would be a nice day. Ryan watched with fascination as she opened her handbag and slipped on a pair of underwear.

"I see you came prepared. You certainly came."

He watched as her cheeks turned red and she cast her eyes down. She was an enigma to him as she was his equal in every sense in the bedroom, but in the light of day, she was embarrassed. It was one more adorable thing to add to his ever-growing list.

"Sorry, but my coffee sucks."

"You're coffee might but you don't you're very, very good."

He shouldn't have, but he loved to see her blush. "You're very, very good when you suck too."

Lana groaned and hit him, then her face turned serious. "How am I going to leave you?"

"Don't! stay! You can join that choir and work or don't work. I don't care."

"I'm supposed to be watching your construction."

"My father can. He's been going over every day."

"What about all my other cottages?"

"We could ask him. It might just interest him. You have Oliver, though."

"I would need to give him notice and help train a replacement."

"How do you feel about eloping?"

Lana laughed. "Do I know you?"

"I said I'd never get married and suddenly all I want to do is marry you and give you a baby."