40 - No f-ing clue

Start from the beginning

"Style? Um..."

"Oh Eliza we've got our work cut out for us." Jen cooed to the whimpering baby in the back seat.

"Do you need to pull over and do something with her?"

"No, we're almost there. She probably needs her diaper changed. Now style, there is the cottage look with white or off white. Very popular on The Point. There is contemporary which might work, but not too modern. It is a cottage."

"I don't want it to look frilly."

"I think a distressed cottage look might work." Her voice sounded like she was singing.

"Distressed? What's distressed, aside from your daughter?"

The baby was showing off her lungs. Ryan felt uncomfortable and relaxed when Jen put on her blinker and turned into a parking lot. The building was an old mill on the Androscoggin River.

"All right, you go look around and I'll be along in five minutes top."

Ryan gladly left the car. It wasn't the noise that bothered him. The little person was unhappy and there was nothing he could do to help. It was the helplessness he didn't like. It was another reason he was glad not to be a parent.

The smell of fresh wood was overwhelming. It smelled like Christmas, but less tangy. Jen was right there were so many styles to choose from. When a man came up to ask if he could help, Ryan explained he was waiting for someone.

The man turned his attention away from Ryan and smiled. Ryan turned his head to see Jen with a happy baby secured to the front of her facing out and kicking her legs as Jen gave a slight bounce to her step.

"Jen and Miss. Eliza!" The man greet them with a smile.

"Hi, George! Have you met my friend Ryan?"

"Oh, you're with Jen well then you are all set, I see."

Ryan turned to Jen. "I'm out of my element."

"Have no fear."

He followed her like a puppy and when his phone rang he felt relieved to see it was Allie. "I need to take this."

"Go sit. I'll let you know when I'm ready for you."

He nodding. "Hey Allie. Yeah, I can but does he know I am not at my computer."

"He does and Rye in case you hadn't checked, the Nats were off last night."

"Yeah, I know and my team lost their second game in a row!"

"You can't win every night! I'll call you later. I have some updates, but here's Don."

"Don!"

"What are you out shopping?"

"You wouldn't believe where I am, but yes, shopping. So I'll be back in a week, how about lunch? It's been too long."

"I might fit you into my busy schedule. You know I might be shopping."

Ryan laughed, but Don did shop a lot. He would go to multiple grocery stores to take advantage of all the sales. Ryan learned long ago one reason clients like Don were wealthy was because they were frugal, like Warren Buffett who lived a middle-class lifestyle.

They talked for a while until Jen appeared. "Ryan when you're done, I have some options."

"Who is that? Do you have a girl you haven't told me about?" Don sounded much too excited.

"No, just a friend helping me with my shopping." Ryan winked at Jen. "I will let you go. If you need anything, I'll be back at my desk this afternoon."

When he turned his attention to Jen she had four cabinet door samples for him to look at. Each was a little different, but two he didn't care for. They were too feminine - girly.